BETA: Buildings hanging for no reason?

Summary: When attempting to prototype some new templates I am having trouble getting them built. The game will hang trying to tell me that the hearthlings cannot reach certain blocks. The blocks are never the same (trashed buildings and attempted to try again multiple times) and the kicker is that there is always scaffolding up to the point the red block is angry at me.

When it is possible to place a ladder adjacent to the red block the build can continue however, if a ladder cannot be placed or there is already scaffolding nearby the build will stay stuck.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Place any template
  2. Wait
  3. Find out if you won the stall

Expected Results: Template is built (were all working fine in Alpha 24)

Actual Results: Template is not built, hearthlings hang out around hearth, fun is had but no progress made.

Notes: Templates and buildings were not stalling in Alpha 24.

Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use: Beta 1 : No mods in use (I mean aside from a template pack but I made it so its not really a mod…)

System Information:
Intel® Core™ i5-6600K CPU @3.50GHz 3.50GHz
16:0 GB Ram
64 Bit windows 10
GE Force GTX 970

Add images

One thing I’m noticing is that they’re built up against the terrain. I know that’s the only time my Hearthlings have had trouble building. The builder may not be detecting the terrain properly when it makes the build map? (or whatever it does) so they can’t build the scaffolding where they want to. Just a guess.

Can you upload the template or a savegame with it in progress?

Here you go, there are two buildings hanging. Normally I wouldn’t try to built two large structures at the same time but I wanted to give you a save with both of these structures failing to build.

There is a third monument there with glass eyes that also is now impossible to build but built fine before. It is on the cliff below the pavillion which has stalled upon the hill.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UfpcbiH9Sc2itWqW9rH-8fqYyl8D3rtS/view?usp=sharing

2 Likes

Adding @not_owen_wilson and @jamiltron so they can take a look

1 Like

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know as a follow up.

As of the latest build these constructions no longer hang. Thank you so much <3

3 Likes