Assign bed owner as "wounded"

I adore the fact that we can assign beds to specific people now. (Not sure when that happened, I just realized I hadn’t opted into the “beta” and had been playing with an old build.) It would be awesome if we could also assign them to anyone who’s been wounded, that way we can put a bunch of beds in a clinic and have the herbalists attend to them fast enough to actually be better than a cleric at treating wounded out of battle.

31 Likes

I second this this’ll make the healing process a lot more faster and a TON more efficient, we can also build “hospitals” for our little towns which would be cool

5 Likes

Like! :+1:

For alternatives, we can just put a barracks and a hospital in one building since soldiers are often wounded than civilians while in Town Defense Mode.

The herbalist can be interpreted as a mobile medic, going house to house healing wounded civilians. not efficient but looks cool in some way.

2 Likes

Soldiers have almost always got a cleric around them; I rarely see them get back to town without having already been healed up to max. What I’m always worried about is any villagers that get beat up getting back home, since sometimes they walk around for some time before a cleric sees they’re hurt and heals them.

And plus, it would just be really cool if the AI immediately noticed “I’m hurt, I should rest in the clinic” instead of the villager walking around injured until their normal bedtime. They don’t always, but it’s always really distressing when they do…

this happens if you have a small army or more clerics, but for a big army with less clerics, this is when the herbalist comes in.[quote=“CaraiseLink, post:4, topic:23354”]
What I’m always worried about is any villagers that get beat up getting
back home, since sometimes they walk around for some time before a
cleric sees they’re hurt and heals them.

And plus, it would just be really cool if the AI immediately noticed “I’m hurt, I should rest in the clinic” instead of the villager walking around injured until their normal bedtime. They don’t always, but it’s always really distressing when they do…
[/quote]

I think Radient adjusted the threshold of the hearthling’s wounded state to about half of their life in order to rest in a bed and wait for a herbalist. I dunno, just a guess. plus the cleric prioritize the most wounded to heal up and then the ones who exceeded half or 33% of their life around their radius.

To expand on this idea, why not just give us the ability to assign beds to specific classes or classifications? Say for instance I have three farmers and two beds in the farmer’s cottage, I would like the ability to assign both beds to farmers in general rather than specific hearthlings.

We could assign beds to:
-Individual hearthlings (by name)
-Specific classes
-Soldiers only
-Wounded hearthlings

6 Likes

I think another alternative would be to build “medical beds” for this purpose. Perhaps used as a bed upgrade much like the comfy bed. I def would love to set up a clinic area for future towns and have it be functional!

5 Likes

I like the ‘medical bed’ idea a lot; would be easy to implement I think.

-Will

Medical bed = Comfy bed + a bandage of some kind?

2 Likes

Or a steel bed, would have the effect of making the medical bed slightly higher tier.

1 Like

Thinking about it some, I think having one health potion and maybe the second tier bandage + comfy bed might work? I’m not really familiar with voxel art but I can imagine it like a comfy bed but with white sheets, and a little tray at the foot of the bed with said potion and bandage. Or some variation of a craft like that.I’m sure there’s a more balanced recipe that someone can make, unless you make tiered medical beds! Which sound almost a bit too complex.

so something like this?

15 Likes

Love the idea of a Medical Bed, love the 8bit Crab mockup even more. +1

2 Likes

Wonder if you can put a red cross like symbol on the bed for that extra touch. Either way, nice work!

1 Like

I’ve currently been handling this by using the small 8-item containers to stash my bevvy of bandages and potions in each bedroom - usually with two or three beds apiece nearby. This is more than enough to cut down on your Herbalist’s legwork, in my experience.

That said, I really want to see the ownership mechanic used more. This would be an excellent use for it.

thanks guys :blush:

ooh, good idea! so like this?

14 Likes

Perfect! It’s a keeper :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looks awesome! :smiley: Hope it makes it’s way into the game, or at least a mod!

1 Like

+1 :+1:

I really enjoy the Idea of special beds of this kind.
Since the comfy bed requires a basic bed (forgot the exact name), I’d say, you’d have to make this bed out of a comfy bed and a bandage. Maybe some tiers, each requires a bandage of the same tier, for, say, a bonus on healing in this bed?
Just something tht passed through my mind while reading this…

1 Like

Becareful… Redcross (the organization) has been a real pain about using the red cross in a white background, because it is their registered symbol.
Most games that have been contacted by redcross have changed their symbol to a greencross on white background…or something like it…

1 Like