Any advice from modders on how to present their mods in videos?

No no no, Win8.1, and the previous releases worked fine, it’s just r14. :disappointed:

Edit: I take that back, it hadn’t worked the last two times I’d tried on separate days but I just launched it! Will have a go installing mods then!

It works for me now, had to reinstall and I uploaded a direct edited smod file from @Miturion! Gonna make a quick video!

yea It is really strange. Something must went wrong, cause this smod file is the same you should get from installing with the stonehearth.zip.
Anyway good it works now. Have fun. :blush:

I can try and upload a direct smod file later today if that’ll help. One thing I noticed when creating test builds is to unzip the downloaded mod file in a separate location and then copy and past it to combine it with the original game files.

Also make sure that when you unzip the files it doesn’t put the stonehearth folder into another stonehearth folder (ex mods/stonehearth/stonehearth/entitites) as my unzipping program tries to do.

Idk if that makes any sense. Let me know if you try it out.

Wait, could you elaborate on this bit? I think this could be my problem…

I use winrar for unzipping my files. When winrar unzips files it creates a file based on the original zip file name. So when you unzip “stonehearth.zip” it will create the file “stonehearth” to hold the contents of the original zip, thus making a stonehearth file within a stonehearth file.

Example when extracting:

If you delete this when trying to extract the file the program will not create the extra file to place the stonehearth folder in. I’m not sure if this is the issue, but it may work.

Let me know.

The next update I make I’ll just post a finished smod file. Working on a few new models so I should have another update within the next few days. If that doesn’t work let me know and i’ll upload one of this version.

1 Like

I just thought of something that might be an issue too.

• You need to be able to see the extension of a file, otherwise you cant turn it into a .smod file.

Here instructions how to see extensions:

Oh wait, mine only saves as a WinRAR ZIP Archive, not a SMOD. Is it supposed to be like that? (I’d up until now been literally renaming the file to stonehearth.smod, and I have a feeling I’m about to feel very stupid :blush:)

Yea, it only saves as a zip/rar/7z file. If you dont see extensions of files, renaming to stonehearth.smod does nothing. Because then is is a stonehearth.smod.rar or something.

Well, that will certainly help, but even with it as a SMOD file, it isn’t working for me. Ah well, I’ll try again at some point. My brain hurts too much to try any more right now. :stuck_out_tongue:

I updated the file with a prepackaged smod file: Download

If you take it, put it into your mods folder and remove “_ nihonjintest” from the name it should work.

Like I’ve just said in your own thread, it doesn’t :disappointed: am I just bad at computers? I’d like to think not, but…