Alt+Tab occasionally making the computer completely crash

Summary:

Alt+Tabing out of the game very occasionally crashes my whole computer. The screen goes black and the background music continues to play, and the computer stops responding to anything. The screen switches between two different shades of black for a little while, then crashes, and restarts.

Stonehearth.log:

Here is a google drive link. I was playing for a couple hours before it crashed I think, and I may be having some mod issues, so it is like, 161 pages I think??? Posting it all here would just be cruel.
stonehearth.log

Attachments:

Versions and Mods:

Latest version, Frostfeast 1.0.0 (That is the mod issue by the way, I am unable to download the latest frostfeast for whatever reason. is it affecting the game in any way? I have no earthly idea)

System Information:

Windows 10, intel HD, laptop panel

Notes:
I have no idea if the game is causing this or if my computer is just really dumb. It only happens rarely, and I keep autosave on so I don’t lose too much, but it is pretty irritating.

Hmm, the log after the first few pages is mostly

resources | error loading file : invalid file path ''.

and

simulation.core | game loop exhausted before any jobs processed!

This has come up in the crash reports before, but I don’t think any solution/answer was given. Paging @Albert to review…

I love all the exclamation points in the log. Seems much more cheerful, right? Like, “Yay, I messed up! Heres what I did! Please fix me! :blush:” Its so cute to me for some reason.

1 Like

The devs have to have some fun coding, right?

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised that the gameloop is exhausted during an alt-tab, but the invalid file path is odd. Thanks for the clue about alt-tabbing!.