[Alpha9 - v240] Guy floating in the air

Summary:
I have 5 guy mining on the same spot, after i have a guy in the air…

Steps to reproduce:

1. have a mini of 5 guy mining on the same spot.

Expected Results:

Actual Results:

Notes:

Attachments:

Versions and Mods:
Alpha9 build 240

System Information:

1 Like

i have indeed encountered it too. It is a bugg and quite the silly one…

Summary:
Workers float in mid air after havind dugg away the ground below their feet.

Steps to reproduce:

1. mine a hole in a mountain so that you have floating ground.
  2. tell your workers to mine the flaoting ground

Expected Results:
Miners remove the ground and continue to do their job

Actual Results:
some workers get stuck floaitng mid air since they have no place to go to. Because you dugg away the ground leading to any ladders and there is no ground to stand on they just go idle and die there…

Notes:
You can work around it buy building a building so that they can get down again trough the saffolding or whatever.

I took the liberty of adding a bit more info for you @artifus

2 Likes

Floating Hearthlings happen to me when they sit in chairs for lunch, and when mining. But I’ve found that if you just give them something (job) to do, they’ll take a step and fall.

didn’t seem to work for me… this is rly getting them stuck because they can’t find a path out of there. So giving them a job won’t cut it…

Try building a ladder to them; I believe I’ve been able to somehow deploy one to the air-bound hearthling, after which they are able to descend. I haven’t recently tested the mechanics of ladders in open spaces recently, so this may have been altered from the earlier alphas.

Yes i have to do this all the time. i use the guy same as a block :stuck_out_tongue: for build a ladder