Alpha General Questions [the common stuff goes here]!

Hey Guys :smiley: does anyone else get this problem where when you click on something it stays stuck on that and you can’t do any other commands?

1 Like

hey there @HyperDioxide… if possible, toss up a bug report over here, and use this format to help narrow down the problem… thanks!

Bug report template

Title:

Summary:

Steps to reproduce:
1)
2)
3)

Expected Results:

Actual Results:

Notes:

Attachments:

Versions and Mods:

System Information:

I can’t seem to promote a regular Worker to Farmer. Can you help me?

And how do you harvest Animals or make them your slaves Companions.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found out how to capture Animals, but how do you make a Farmer?

You need the carpenter to make a hoe. Use the hoe like the other class promotion objects and voilà, your farmer is ready.

But when I click on a Carpenter, it does nothing.

Also, how do you exit of a Worker’s Menu, you know, the one where you choose their Actions? IDK how to close it.

Click the carpenters work bench? You should see an anvil appear I think? Click that to get to the build queue? The same way you would build beds and fences etc.

Click somewhere outside of the menu?

I hire a Carpenter. I click on the Carpenter and It does nothing.

I already tried clicking outside the Menu Nothing happens.

Is there not an anvil next to their name in the top left? Like this:

I don’t understand? You should just either click the red X when a UI option is selected such as ‘Zone Tools’ or ‘Build & Design’, or just click anywhere else on the screen to deselect a unit.

1 Like

hmm … if @Geoffers747 feedback doesnt work for you, can you submit a bug report, and perhaps attach your save?

Well, I can’t make a Carpenter Bench without hiring a Carpenter, right? So, if I can’t select the Carpenter, then I can’t make a Carpenter Bench, which would make that Unit useless in the game.

And, when I select a Unit, a Menu shows up in the Top-Left-COrner, right? Well, when I click anywhere else to exit out of it, It won’t go away.

Edit: Ah! For some reason it works this time!

Oh and, also, the “Exit To Title Screen” Option in the Pause Menu doesn’t work.

Yeah, thats something pointed out before in the bug reports.[quote=“Phagocytosis, post:1, topic:5930”]
The menu button “Quit to Main Menu” does not work for me. Clicking it does nothing. I can exit the game in full, but not quit to the main menu. That is all!
[/quote]
And a popular theory seems to be that it’s just a placeholder currently.

1 Like

For alpha 3 what kind of content can we expect to be added before alpha 4?

That’s a good question, the Alphas have tended to progress onto their next version with the introduction of larger features.

Having said that, I have no idea :smiley:

I would definitely expect there to be more classes, perhaps the beginnings of combat, improved construction (roofs definitely). Here’s hoping the Desktop Tuesday is a juicy one this week :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Just me who can’t find a way to turn off the music anymore in the options? As lovely as @Raj’s music always is, if I’m going to be playing SH, I should at least have my GCSE music pieces playing in the background, and it’s a bit tricky if I can’t turn off Stonehearth’s. :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: Also having a hard time reproing a bug I was unsure if I’d encountered, whereby if you set your spawn campflag next to one of the naturally spawned little rocks your capenter’s saw or hunter’s knife could actually spawn inside of it, leaving it stuck until your mined the rock. Be awesome if anybody could give me feedback as to whether they could or couldn’t replicate this. As I said, I’m not sure if it happened or not, but after 4 attempts to repro it, I’ve had no luck, so maybe it never happened. :slight_smile:

I don’t remember ever seeing this (Though I may be wrong).[quote=“Smokestacks, post:54, topic:5475”]
Edit: Also having a hard time reproing a bug I was unsure if I’d encountered, whereby if you set your spawn campflag next to one of the naturally spawned little rocks your capenter’s saw or hunter’s knife could actually spawn inside of it, leaving it stuck until your mined the rock. Be awesome if anybody could give me feedback as to whether they could or couldn’t replicate this. As I said, I’m not sure if it happened or not, but after 4 attempts to repro it, I’ve had no luck, so maybe it never happened.
[/quote]
Yes, I was able to replicate this, I put the camp flag a bit behind and to the right of the boulder and a part of the campfire and the saw was in the boulder
Edit: I also believe that this is caused by the saw, knife, wood and campfire always spawning at the same distance from the flag

4 Likes

Sweet! Nice work :smile:

And perhaps there never was an option for turning music off and I’m just crazy but perhaps if there never was then my suggestion to Radiant would be to include one! :slight_smile: though I expect it’ll come in soon, the last couple of releases have only seen more and more UI functionality, such as the menu and placeholder buttons such as Exit to Main Menu

2 Likes

When can we expect combat to be added? I know everyone asks this but I am really anxious…

I don’t believe radiant has officially stated it but we do have speculation from Geoffers. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Also we have the roadmap http://stonehearth.net/roadmap/ which says that the combat engnie is in progress.

I can’t recall where but it has been stated by Radiant somewhere other than the roadmap

So, what’s next? Well, first I’ve updated the roadmap with our current progress after this alpha. Next, we’ll move on to revisiting the construction features to add roofs (yes roofs!) and building customization tools. We’ll also continue work on the budding combat engine and flesh out more character classes.

Source: Dev Blog

2 Likes

Ah, I must have missed that, I looked through different places and I knew I forgot looking somewhere, it was the dev blog :stuck_out_tongue: