Alpha 24.6 Now on Steam Unstable

Oh heck, I wasn’t even considering the other races!! Good call @Solus!!

4 Likes

But modded races ? We will have to mod the reembark to accept more! :smile:

6 Likes

StoneHeartHwarped

13 Likes

This is my new favorite thingy.

3 Likes

This - it’s frustrating because your carpenter will remake it anyway when you finally build house/fort/building so you get an extra version. You almost want him to make one of everything right away and then start building.

As @CrazyCandy wrote, as of now the embarkation mechanism is 100% broken because it can be exploited by performing save game tricks. Sadly, as any theoretical physicist and some other scientists will tell you, it must be 100% broken.

It is well-proven there is no way to avoid such exploits in a game which allows storing saved games and carrying stuff between games because it breaks the basic laws of physics. It is in fact a great example of a temporal paradox. If you can travel back in time to any specific moment and change the future from there you actually break the cause-effect relation because you have more than one Past (i.e. many saved games) linked to one Future (i.e. the starting screen), which is not a real condition (only one Past can be linked with one Future, as the Fermi paradox says). The only way to restore the continuum is to keep one Future linked to one Past, what means creating a new Future for each new version of the Past (i.e. deleting all games saved after the one we loaded or keeping each saved game a completely independent being).

An example of a game which fell for that trap is Anno 2070: there is an Ark mothership present in all games which you can infinitely load with trade goods by storing them on an Ark and reloading the game, making it possible to create insanely overpowered starting conditions.

If you want to provide a better start, I would consider redesign of the loadouts: if they were chosen before the Ling customisation they could actually feature Lings with certain stats instead of just talismans. One could then customise the look of these Lings but keep their stats locked.

i feel like this isn’t a problem for just the re-embarkment, but the limited function of the notif feature in general. the notifs always being orange gets kinda annoying, it would make more sense for persistent notifs to grey out once viewed and only new notifs to be orange, or something along those lines… (something for @Sweet to consider?)

4 Likes