Alpha 19 Arrives on Steam Latest

Thanks Yang!

For discussion on the Militia system, please post in this topic:

2 Likes

Just realised that the Rayya music sounds a lot like the sand theme in Super Mario :smiley:

1 Like

It would be cool if the players themselves had a option to either go with the default dialogue of there hearthlings or they would make there own in the game options menu

when will A19 come out? (completed)

thereā€™s not really a set time for when an alpha will be finished, however, (if iā€™m not mistaken) in the past each alpha has taken about 1-2 months to completeā€¦ (psst, @jomaxro, do you have better/current info on that?)

1 Like

Thanks for the mention @8BitCrab. Like 8bitcrab I donā€™t have an exact date, but historically the alphas have been on a six week cycle. The first three weeks are done internally, with no public releases. Major new features are worked on at this time. The next three weeks are when builds are on the Steam latest branch (develop), with the release builds happening at the end of the 3 weeks.

Based on that cycle, one can estimate that A19 will go to the main Steam branch around November 4. Again, this is approximate, as the team will only release when they are satisfied that it is as bug free as they will get for that alpha. Also, the team has said in the past they try to avoid Friday releases as they canā€™t fix things over the weekend - so keep that in mind as well.

3 Likes

I really like RC and itā€™s been a while since Iā€™ve played them so with these new updates Iā€™ve given them another pass. Iā€™m really loving this unstable alpha. Really smooth and with very few bugs (up to 21 hearthlings in my latest session.

Only two things Iā€™ll comment on:
Getting the windchimes for the invasion for RC is a bit difficult. I had to fight them off without it.
Getting it requires upgrading a level 2 Potter to a Mason, a level 3 mason for a blacksmith hammer, a level 4 blacksmith for a carpenter saw, then finally a level 5 carpenter (in a biome with very little wood no less) and hopefully a broken flute dropped not too far from town (or your hearthlings will likely ignore your loot command). I just managed to get a carpenter up to level 2 when ogo arrived.

Secondly I had trouble building structures against cliffs. Whenever I tried the hearthlings only seemed to build it up so far, then lost interest. If I used therapist to set them to only build they would go idle. This did not always happen, however. I would remove the building and try again and they would sometimes get it. Not sure what the issue is here.

hmmmm, i acutally been noting this ā€˜ā€˜building to close to a cliffe / mountain sideā€™ā€™ usully something is blocking their work, just demolish it, and move back like 2 blocks

Actually one other thing. The RC farmer has no way to make thread for the weaver. They can make food, herbs and acacia trees but no thread. By design or overlooked?

By design. But you can make threads by harvesting wild plants.

They earn the other crops later in the game through trading seeds.

1 Like