[ACE] Pre-Release 0.9.4.7 - The Drinking Update!

Yea, in lithuania and other countries we do :smiley:
Just drink it right out of the bottle !

2 Likes

idk man, i just read up on it it seemed to be a staple food for vikings, i honestly didnt even know what buttermilk was (the english word) untill i searched for it. and its “karnemelk” in dutch. i always had that stuff when i was with my granny XD

EDIT: it does sorta mean i now need to make a butter churn. (honestly ace could do with one, if i get a good model going ill donate it )

I don’t know is it a bug?
I can’t put Fish trap in water…
And i have LV6 Trapper
to old savedata

Switch your trapper to a worker and then back to a trapper. It’s a new perk, and those only get applied on promotion.

2 Likes

Thanks!It will work

1 Like

The rabbit Citizen can’t be transfer to Archer
but he can transfer to Mason and Genomancer

If new rabbit Citizen come to town, then System defaulted be a Archer,he can transfer anther 3 profession (worker,Mason and Genomancer)

1 Like

release-949 (x64)[M]
…hearth_ace/components/transform/progress_tracker.lua:30: attempt to compare nil with number
stack traceback:
…hearth_ace/components/transform/progress_tracker.lua:30: in function ‘is_finished’
stonehearth_ace/ai/actions/transform_adjacent.lua:80: in function <stonehearth_ace/ai/actions/transform_adjacent.lua:45>
[C]: ?
[C]: in function ‘run’
stonehearth/services/server/tasks/task_action.lua:198: in function <stonehearth/services/server/tasks/task_action.lua:195>

[C]: in function ‘run’
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:549: in function <stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:533>
[C]: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/modules/commons.lua:67: in function ‘xpcall’
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:533: in function <stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:529>

1 Like

Thanks for the reports :slight_smile:

We fixed the last one (the “progress tracker” one) and should push an update soon… I can’t reproduce the bunny one, however.
Bunny citizens seem to be working fine here. Maybe if you could provide the save game we could check out what is wrong? :slight_smile:

Thanks!

1 Like

here is savedata,two Bunny citizens.
one Bunny citizens come to town is Mason,i transfer he to worker now.
1567866489411.rar (9.5 MB)

2 Likes

Hey just to let you know i’ve had the same problem in a multiplayer game, you can demote the bunny but can’t have them change jobs

1 Like

Can’t add Gruit by Herbalist or cook,order Loop

1 Like

We fixed this issue and it should be in the next update! So your saved game really helped :slight_smile:

But I might need it again… The Gruit issue above seems specific to something, I’m trying to reproduce it here but not being able to.

If possible, could you please share the save again? Thanks!

2 Likes

I found that the citizens always want to do other actions.Such as go to “resting by the fire”
here is the same savedata,Just day is different
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lWwecPB6tnhbvLTTF4WKM1YpaeG-cktc/view?usp=sharing

And I don’t know why any Manger in Animal Pasture,The Shepherd still put any Animal feed for here

If reload or load savedata,Fish Traps will Return to 0

1 Like

Stonehearth ACE 0.9.4.3 Released!

Hello, everyone!

Guess who’s still around, haha :jubilant: hahaha… haha… haha… ha… :forlorn:
Anyway… Today we bring a couple of little additions and quality of life improvements, multiple balancing changes and improvements and - of course - a bunch of fixes!

As always, please feel free to leave your feedback, report issues and all that. Every report helps :heart:

On with the notes!

Hotfix 0.9.4.3

Added

• Box Cancel Placement Task command. This new tool allows you to box-select and cancel placement tasks.
  • New game mode: Gentle. This is not an easy mode - enemies will be as strong as they are in Normal. However, in this new game mode, challenges and the overall progression is slowed down, giving players more time to relax and build their town. It can be an interesting option for Multiplayer - less encounters should help with performance or cases where all players attract strong attacks at the same time.
  • New material tags and respective input bin filters have been created. They are: Construction Materials (all stone, wood logs and clay bricks); Any Gears (Bronze and Iron gears); Any Water Weed (Green, Red and Brown algae); Any Thread (Yarn and Thread); Any Fruit (for fruits); Any Basket of Fungi (for different fungi); Any Basket of Nuts (for different nuts); Any Flour (for flours); Dough & Batter (for all baking bases) and Any Cooking Grease & Oil (for Butter, Cooking Oil…).
  • Additionally, the “Prepared Food” filters have been entirely remade. We decided to change it from the specific food by food approach to broader food groups (Vegetarian, Carnivore, Fish, Dairy, Desserts, etc…) for a couple of reasons. The first reason is that as the amount of foods in the game grow, that menu becomes overly cluttered. The second reason is that, however, many mods do not bother about adding their different foods to that filter, ACE itself included, as they seem to be rarely used. And the third and last reason is that having food-specific filters definitely encourage the massive production of few food items, while broad groups will encourage more diversity without breaking your storage.
  • Ball of Yarn, refined resource. Ball of Yarn can be made from wool. It’s a versatile resource and can be used as fiber or thread.

Changed

• Wool can no longer be used as fiber. The reasoning behind this change is that wool is now a very important resource for weather clothing or beds, and multiple people reported that it was constantly being used by other crafters for less important crafts that required fiber. You can still use Wool (and sheep) as a source of fiber by transforming the Wool into Balls of Yarn, which is a slightly more efficient process than the regular fibers into thread to compensate for the added labor.
  • Crafting recipes queued by the Transform component will now be cancelled if the entity is destroyed or the transformation cancelled.
  • The performance of the promotion tree screen has been slightly improved by caching the job index.
  • The performance of character sheets has also been slightly improved by hiding and revealing the contents rather than destroying and re-creating it every time.
  • Both of the changes above could have unforeseen performance implications in the long run. So please report us any issues or unnatural lag that you might encounter!
  • The challenge of bear attacks has been slightly reduced.
  • The images of all game modes have been changed to be more visually different from each other - and interesting. They also “showcase” all biomes.
  • The descriptions of game modes have also been changed to relay some important information, for example: the fact that “Peaceful” games can still face enemies (Titan fight through the Amberstone questline, Hearth of Glory, wild animal dens…) or the fact that in “Hard” enemies are not only stronger but the progression is also steeper and faster.
  • Earthbud Flowers, Earthbud Flower Seeds and Hearth Essences can no longer be sold to merchants. (We can hear the huge ‘boo!’) The reasoning behind this decision is that not only these items were very easy sources of gold (they are worth a lot!) but also because the poor little bunnies from Amberstone get to befriend you and share their most important secret with you… for you to make a profit out of it? Seriously? Shame on you! (the traders probably don’t even know what to do with the stuff, anyway)
  • All factions are now able to carry the learned recipes for the different tier 3 monuments on reembarkation. Previously all factions would be able to carry the Ascendancy monuments but no other. This is now fixed.
  • Juniper Tree Seeds will no longer decay since they now have an unique use as an ingredient for gruit.

Fixed

• Fixed a ‘nil’ error that could be caused by the Progress Tracker.
  • Fixed a ‘nil’ error that could be caused by the fertilizing actions.
  • Fixed an issue with job requirements being limited by the allowed jobs. This issue could be seen with the Amberstone bunnies.
  • Fixed the Rayya’s Children weaver’s Wall Banner recipes. They were not showing up.
  • Fixed the wrong images for the Unfermented Mead and Unfermented Fruity Mead filters in containers.
  • Fixed an issue where the Town would stop tracking the amount of Fish Traps you have placed after a game reload.
  • Fixed an issue that made bee skeps very hard to harvest if you had a couple very close to each other. That is because the area they try to avoid because of the bee can stack. They will still try to avoid areas with too many skeps but most formations are now more likely to work.
  • Fixed an issue with pastures where the shepherd would still place feed in the middle of the pasture even though you have a manger.
  • Fixed some other seeds that can also cause the “Ghost” issue previously fixed for nuts.
  • Fixed an error that could be caused whenever a returning trader wanted or offered the building parts for wells, this was caused because of the well changes on 0.9.4.2 and should now be fixed.

As always, a big thank you to every one of you and we hope you’ll enjoy this new update! :heart:
Have a great week! :jubilant:

10 Likes

“slight” performance upgrade for the job tree he says, from a nearly 4 second UI load time to basically instant (after the first time you have had it open) I’d call that prety damn heavy XD

I just start a new game.
The craft button doesn’t work, no respond :sob::sob:

2 Likes

wow…What happen for it…
Have anther mod with ace?
Try use only ACE for it

release-949 (x64)[M]
…hearth_ace/monkey_patches/ace_population_faction.lua:227: attempt to index field ‘_data’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
…hearth_ace/monkey_patches/ace_population_faction.lua:227: in function ‘get_job_index’
stonehearth_ace/monkey_patches/ace_job_component.lua:126: in function ‘_update_job_index’
stonehearth_ace/monkey_patches/ace_job_component.lua:11: in function <stonehearth_ace/monkey_patches/ace_job_component.lua:8>

“A new adventure awaits!”
Not see the Hearthbud items can be take along…

Hey! This looks unusual, I’ve seen it happen before however, because of mod incompatibility. Might I ask what other mods are you using? Thanks :slight_smile:

This apparently happens to those that had the bunny/orc promotion error, should not be a problem but we’ll check

About the hearthbud, not sure why it can’t be reembarked, we just made it unsellable, will investigate if things are related! Thanks for the report :merry: