[ACE] Pre-Release 0.9.2 - Out now!

It might make sense to detect when loading a game that didn’t have ACE before and show a warning. Making sure everything works when enabled mid-game is probably effort that could be better spent elsewhere.

1 Like

available in my nordlingmod :') ! /shamelessselfpromotion

also, the arbitrary limit on dummies is rather anoying still XD we should probably think of a better way to work that out without making it class-abillity-based. that or at least make the mod just straight up add that abillity on the fly to anything with the right tags. (melee or ranged or something?)

1 Like

@DaniAngione How and what does ACE do to auto harvest? I love this mod and wonder how it functions with ACE. nearing completion with Box O’ Vox to be compatible, just curious since I would mixin my plants to work with it. I need to know what to look at to make my plant work with ya :wink:

Nothing to do really, ACE modifies RRN component so when it regrows it tasks a harvest if autoharvest option is enabled in game settings.

While this makes the implementation simple, CPU-friendly and almost non-invasive, there are numerous disadvantages: one cannot choose which entities to harvest because all entities belonging to a player are autoharvested and if one cancels harvest order made by autoharvest there is no way of re-enabling autoharvest without redeploying the entity.

I just had another idea, and if we made a knight duel (knight troll vs knight of the village) or soldiers 1vs1 fight this kind of thing

and I had also thought before dueling between soldier of the village and can be a ranking this kind of thing (it can be a way to celebrate a new year for example)

I don’t know if this happened to anyone else, but when I was on Ascendancy and built Bed’s, I had the Beds and the Sleeping Spot. Shouldn’t the Spot disappear, because it is used in the Recipe for Beds?
Also, when I played as Northern Alliance and built the Sleeping Spots I randomly got 2 Beds.

Edit: Okay, the 2 Beds with NA were part of a Building … I’m stupid. But I don’t know if the first “problem” is intended?

“Modding Guide” In Mods menu not working?

I’m glad a tutorial for irrigation might be in the works. Right now, I’m still playing with all the options but nudges in the right direction in game (that don’t necessarily hold your hand and spell it out for you) would be awesome.

I love the fuel options, it really makes me think about what I’m crafting, especially where the blacksmith is concerned. With the holidays I haven’t had a ton of time to really dive into the mod but I wanted to let you guys know how impressed I am.

3 Likes

Get an error on mac when trying to start a game in the highlands… ascendency … peaceful… haven’t tried other settings yet… seems to start ok in vanilla biomes

Archive.zip (30.4 KB)

Issues with Patrolling Footmen/Bowmen/Clerics that only happens when ACE is installed:

Message in stonehearth.log:
2018-12-28 15:12:20.640032 | server | 0 | simulation.pathfinder.astar (5327548 Petra Winset) item_path_finder @ (294.00, 46.00, 11.00)(src) | (5327548 Petra Winset) | could not find subspace for starting point (294.00, 46.00, 11.00). EVERYTHING IS BROKEN! =(

Also, a random item will spam the log as well, every 0.3 seconds:
2018-12-28 14:50:37.617839 | client | 0 | renderer.mob | mob: current position for object 4729567 became NaN. Skipping render mob’s Move() update.

Got the pet/town alert error again:

release-947 (x64)[M]

stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:95: (4119690 stonehearth:monsters:forest:boar) has no task group stonehearth:task_groups:solo:critter_town_alert

stack traceback: [C]: ? [C]: in function ‘assert’ stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:95: in function ‘get_task_group’ stonehearth/components/pet/pet_component.lua:153: in function <stonehearth/components/pet/pet_component.lua:145> [C]: ? [C]: in function ‘update’ radiant/modules/events.lua:59: in function ‘_update’ radiant/server.lua:67: in function <radiant/server.lua:64>

1 Like

That is happening because the Big Game Trapper zone is allowing animals that shouldn’t be tamed to be tamed, so these animals don’t have the necessary animations and tasks for reacting as other pets do.

We can fix this by preventing animal taming with Big Game Trapping zones :slight_smile:
@paulthegreat what do you think?

Thanks for the report!

Simply issuing a new harvest command should work. In fact, even reloading the game currently, if auto-harvest is enabled, will queue up harvesting on all your harvestable entities. Whenever an entity “becomes harvestable” (whether by spawning that way, loading from save that way, or renewing), it will check the current value of its owner’s Auto Harvest setting. If it’s true, it will issue a harvest request on that entity.

2 Likes

Sounds good to me, will look into it later.

1 Like

Is there a way to automate the removal of the outdated food basket?

Started a new save as northern alliance with the range targets and it says I cannot place them (0/0) so I don’t know. I even disabled my mod thinking I was breaking it, but using just ACE I still was unable to place them down.

Promote the archer first, you need military units to increase your training equipment limit (for now) :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was just about to say I figured out what I was lacking lol

1 Like

Question now is how do I say within my mod to have my fighters count towards that? Like if I have a Necromancer I would have access to the ranged target, and if I had a Paladin it would grant access to the melee dummy?

1 Like

Well – the training equipment limit as a whole is being reviewed and might be removed. It served a purpose that doesn’t really exist anymore so feels a bit pointless. So you probably don’t have to worry about it :smiley:

However if you do want to make it compatible right now, you’ll need to add the limit in one of the level up perks of your combat classes. Just open up the footman_description.json inside of ACE to see how the limit increase is handled. Please note that for it to work you also need the changes made to the base_job.lua controller - if you have your own version of it, you’ll also need to add the changes we did there (look for “training” or “limit” inside the file and you’ll find all the related bits)

:smiley:

1 Like