ACE - Authorized Community Expansion Project

Yes, it’s because you can now choose more than one option - so if you want all vegetables you can tick all of them, if you want just certain veggies you can tick only some of them, and so on… The reason veggies are separated but meat is not is because lots of recipes will require specific vegetables so you can better organize them, however recipes that require “raw meat” (which for the game’s purpose is just the “jerkies”, not the big meat chunks) there’s no specificity at all, all recipes require only raw meat and not specific ones, so they could as well be just a single item called “Meat Jerky”

If you want to choose a whole category, you can simply click its name on the left, like this:

5 Likes

OMG. Okay, I must have missed that in the notes. ROFL. This is awesome. Thank you again!

2 Likes

I’m really enjoying the new variety of herbs and flowers and how building materials are allocated before the construction. :merry:

Still need to explore more of the new stuff, looking forward to it! Thanks for your hard work and dedication! :jubilant:

Edit: Also, i found out the hard way that you can in fact block the access point of the wagon so be sure to watch that lol. I had thought my computer was really crapping out when hearthlings wouldn’t put stuff down or change professions because those objects were in the wagon xD

5 Likes

So now I’m having problems interacting with the Frostfeast recipes. How do you actually learn them? I click on them in storage and nothing happens and I can’t set them down on the ground to interact with them.

1 Like

Were they working before and then just stopped working? Because there is also a chance you already learned them all :slight_smile:

I only just got the Frostfeast quests so I’m not sure what the recipes are for. LOL. I see my crafters have some that can be crafted with gold.

1 Like

You need to click on them in your town inventory to select them, not the storage entity they’re in.

2 Likes

Aha! Thank you! I was clicking them in the storage entity not from town inventory.

1 Like

Would it be possible to get a filter on more storage items (like shelves) for prepared drinks? I have a beautiful dining room with storage shelves and I can put all manner of food on the shelves but not prepared drinks.

1 Like

Also I’m having a very strange cook problem. Whenever I queue up roast duck, the cook stops crafting completely and goes to plant crops and won’t start cooking again until I clear the order for roast duck. I have duck in inventory and, even if it ran out, they would/should skip over it to the next item. It’s very odd. They just completely stop cooking.

2 Likes

Huh! That’s really weird! I’ll try reproducing it now and will let you know.

The reason drinks can’t be stored in shelves and other items like baskets is because they have their own specific containers which are kegs, barrels, etc.

While one could modify supply containers to accept drinks, for example, the issue is that then items like baskets - that show the items in weird and funny rotations - would then be full of buckets of drinks and that makes not much sense at all :jubilant:

You can now have them on refrigerators too, though! :merry:

EDIT:
Hmmmm roast duck crafting seems to be working fine here… Not sure what is wrong. Are you sure the items are accessible? The workbenches are fueled?

Could also be a “general crafting” bug, unrelated to the roast duck recipe (it just happened to it, but could happen to any recipe)
If you notice something like that again, please don’t cancel the order. Save the game and provide us the save - that can help a lot!

3 Likes

Thanks so much for answering all my questions!

If it happens again, I’ll do that. I thought maybe the oven needed fuel but, it was fueled up. Even then, it should have moved to the next item on the list (that didn’t need the oven) and it didn’t. Right now my stove needs fuel and the cook is crafting an item in the queue that needs to mill instead, which is what I figured should have happened with the duck if the item wasn’t accessable. As soon as I cleared the roast duck, the cook went on to craft the other items. I’ve reloaded that save so I’ll see if maybe it was just one of those things that a reload would fix.

And, aha, I see what you mean about the drinks but I’d love to be able to just put just the juices on the shelves but I think I’ll craft a couple of cold storage once I have some frostsnap available. I do put the various drink kegs in my eating areas once I have those created but those are alcohoic beverages :smiley:

1 Like

I’m having the same problems with other crafters as well, herbalists won’t make specific items (antidote and strong antidote even though it shows the player has the herbs), cooks… well, you nailed that one on the head >.>.

(For the record, I just woke up… thought I was responding to Jeanette, sorry for any confusion Dani. I’m gonna go drink some caffeine now. Before I wreck the world or something >.>)

2 Likes

Hmmm, that’s interesting. I wonder why it happens though (because simply trying to reproduce it on a fresh game doesn’t work - so it’s clearly being triggered somehow)

What I said to Jeanette works for you too, if you have a save game where this is happening, don’t cancel the order and please save it and send our way! This would be helpful!

1 Like

So I did a search for my duck and, guess what? It WAS inaccessible. In the bottom of the lake (I have since built ladders and now my duck is cooked). My question is, why wouldn’t it move to the next item in the queue? All cook crafting came to a grinding halt and, while I appreciate the help gardening, that’s not what I wanted her to be doing. Haha.

1 Like

Well, there was something… it happened whenever I had more than one crafter (cook, herbie, stoner, clayface, etc.) one crafter seemed okay, least never noticed the issue… two of the same however, that’s when it was an issue, even in the prior patch.

(to clarify, when I say two, I’ve never gotten very far… the gobs are a problem. But yeah, anything beyond one craft in a specific profession seems to trigger it, and I did try demoting to worker and then re-promoting, none of that worked.)

And I have another question. I don’t understand how the learning tomes work (the ones that can help train lower level crafters). You craft it and then what? Will the lower level crafter go get it themselves? How does it work?

I’m not entirely sure, these are probably from a mod and not from ACE :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Roast duck has always given me problems too, but then it’s always somehow on someone’s roof so… squints eyes at hearthlings

3 Likes

LOL, darnit. Okay. I wonder which mod that was from? Ha ha. Now I have to go look. Thanks!