ACE - Authorized Community Expansion Project

Haha exam results. Nice.

3 Likes

Maybe stories from the town, like a big newspaper?

2 Likes

notes on a wall…quite a few variations… so either this is a hint at what Mycoal417 said about patchy notes being patch-notes soonTM… or its something important because there are a lot of variations. the hearthlings seem to be doing their celebration emote like a town level up, so that does give credit to the patch notes comment(since all us hearthlings would be celebrating)… so unless this is a religious reform in SH, im going to join him and saying PATCH SOON-tm- :smiley:

5 Likes

They actually don’t look varied to me – the same model, just some of them are clipping through each other :rofl: The spacing of the “text” and the tears in the edges of the paper seem to be repeated identically.

To me, that implies they’re not permanent (otherwise they probably would have model variations and generally be fancier – if these were important proclamations or records then I’d expect fancy gilt edges and a wax seal or something hahah), but are the kind of thing that either gets made as a consumable (and placed in the world to activate, much like potions) or gets stuck up there according to need… an “easy come, easy go” object to symbolise a message or contract or something like that, which is meant to go away after it’s fulfilled or read or such.

If that’s true, it would lend weight to the theory that these are part of the improvements to visitors, quests, and/or merchants. I agree with the comment about it looking like a Ye Olde Fantasy noticeboard (especially the way that some of them are plastered over the top of other ones.) Given the sheer number of them though, and the fact that none of them are awkwardly hanging over the edge of the wall, I’d hazard a guess that these are manually placed… I’d say they probably use a very similar model/setup to the Rayya’s wall tiles actually, which can similarly overlap/Z-clip like that. If they were generated by the game, I’d expect all kinds of funkiness since I’d imagine the game would just place them randomly and without any care about where existing ones are… but then how would the game even know which wall to place them on? It seems like the simpler option is the more obvious one here; which in turn leads me back to the idea of them being a place-able “consumable” which can be activated after it’s posted.

Either way, this is a very exciting teaser for me – I just love these narrative touches!! :jubilant:

2 Likes

@DaniAngione
I’m using the current unstable build, and over several games I’ve noticed that nobody is collecting duck meat produced by trappers or shepherds. Is there any information I can provide you from the debug tools that can help you identify the issue, or is it something you’re aware of and working on?

4 Likes

No, I was not aware of the issue.

But I just found it here - the item was missing a certain material tag - thank you for the report :merry:

It will be fixed on my next push!

6 Likes

I’m also noticing an issue with restocking golems (both autonomous and regular crickets) falling idle even when there is plenty left to collect. When initially deployed they do a round of restocking as usual, but then sit idle. Temporarily fixed by an undeploy/redeploy but then issue recurs. Reloading from a save file temporarily fixes, same symptoms. Seems like something in the behaviour loop is broken & of course the default behaviour is just idle.

Not generating any errors and has occurred over a few different games & the last two unstable builds. Let me know if any logs would help!

2 Likes

In cases like this, where a behavior is reproducible but doesn’t throw errors, I guess the most helpful thing would be a copy of the save file :merry:

1 Like

But, as always, please make a separate post for a bug report, and/or do it on the ACE Discord server.

4 Likes

HOLD UP.

This could mean that we could get an in game message system

2 Likes

Definitely made me think of a Job/Bounty board where you exchange goods for gold and maybe grab some profession exp from it or something… but we can already call merchants… hmm. Maybe something to do with faction rep?

@ThisDude In-game messages? Like the notification pop-ups?

1 Like

Greetings, all! :jubilant:
To another Preview Thursday!

Well…
What can I say?
I’m really sorry to all the good folks that posted here with such good guesses, dreaming of awesome notification board or quest systems… I mean, I really dig some of these ideas but I’m afraid I’ll go down the disappointing route…

Sometimes the first guess is the best guess!

“ACE 0.9.5 - The MASSIVE Update” is out!

You can join the excited hearthlings and go read the Patch Notes here!

Well, it is time for the Preview Thursdays to say goodbye… For now! :jubilant:
I hope you’ve all enjoyed guessing and reading about all the stuff we’re working on!

And as soon as we have new stuff ready, they’ll come back!
Stay warm and stay safe!
-Dani :merry: :sparkles:

11 Likes

The greatest deduction in Hearthling history lmao
Really Good answer MyCoal!

3 Likes

That is so awesome. It’s time to start a new game and see all these new updates. This game has always been good. But you are making it even better.

6 Likes

Hey man why i cant use the moo moos and the ducks in sheppard pasture?
I dont find any config to ‘‘enable’’ this ones.

1 Like

Check if you have the mod “Animalot” and remove it :slight_smile: it’s unfortunately broken and outdated, and will break any other mods that modify the shepherd (including ACE)

1 Like

tanks man it worked…
Hum one more thing: Eu tenho orgulho de ser brasileiro por causa de pessoas como você.
Obrigado

2 Likes

So how do the fish traps work? I have the latest update (and I LOVE IT) but I still have the option to craft fish traps on the trapper menu? Should that be there? The fisher NPC did come by but I didn’t really understand how I’m supposed to place fish traps.

1 Like

No, the trapper can craft traps because Trapper+ is currently outdated (my own fault :stuck_out_tongue: )

To place fish traps, click your Trapper and they should have the “Place Fish Trap” command in their unit frame (the small window on the bottom left where you can see their name, portrait, etc…)

Should look like this:

When you click that button, you’ll be able to “place” them - they can only be placed on the edge now, like this:

3 Likes

THANK YOU. That will help SO MUCH. I’ll check that out next time I’m in game.

One other thing, I mentioned this on the workshop but I thought I’d mention it here. On storage racks there’s still an option for ‘raw meat’ but there is not a general ‘raw vegetables’ option. I can only choose specific vegetables. Is that intended? I don’t remember seeing it in the notes but I may have missed it as they were rather extensive.

1 Like