Accumulation and storage of goods

As you see, the storage system of this game is very unreasonable and Inefficient that wasted a lot of space.

why can not we be like Stronghold stockpile to make goods piled up ?

enter link description here

3 Likes

I like the design, instantly getting an idea of how much wood you have from the butchered trees. Also I like how it doesn’t magically condense like most but if there was a way to stack it till it turns into a giant mound, that would be cool. I can see how you may be getting mad with all the food you end up needing to get new villagers but that may be balanced in some way latter on.

1 Like

“ I can see how you may be getting mad with all the food you end up needing to get new villagers but that may be balanced in some way latter on.”

Yes, me too

I think the current system is alright. It does the job, and there is virtually no limit to how much you can store. Having storage areas take up a lot of space is actually an incentive to try and balance your resource production & consumption, rather than not caring about overproducing at all. Of course, right now, there aren’t many ways to balance that, but I’m sure it’ll not be the same in the final game.

On that note, having the option to delete resources could be a small but useful addition. Sometimes you just want to get rid of some stuff you have in excess, with no way of actually reducing your production (like, if you mine out a whole area, you get a lot of stone, but that’s just a by-product of mining, not a real resource production).

2 Likes

Oh my… now that takes me back 10 years or so.

I think it’s a good idea, nay. A great idea! It would make sens to stack the planks, logs, stone blocks, metal bars and so on

You should not need a barel or chest to be able to stack raw materials like the above.

1 Like

I think the main issue is how much food you need to get new hearthlings!

So you just keep making as much food as you can, but your guys ar not eating close to that amount!

Im sure they will make the system much better as time goes on!

I think there are two problems that are really starting to crop up (pun intended).

1. the food requirements scale too quickly. Maybe instead just require sufficient diversity of food, or up the morale requirement?
  2. Some items are very hard to get rid of at this point. (wool, I am looking at you) I expect this will change as the trade system gets more interesting.

They just need to figure out the the Minimums of each Factor then average it into one score system eventually. As of right now though it works as a testing ground.(wow that sounds condescending but I am really trying not to sound that way grrr) :frowning:

1 Like