A16 Aethrios' Bug Thread [AI Spinning & More!]

Couple different logs: the issue looks to be in the archer?

develop-2922 (x64)
@stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:566: (2183092 Noelie Jondal) has not yielded after 10 ai spins. Are they in a bad state? Last abort reason: Target out of ranged weapon range or not in sight
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/common.lua:237: in function 'report_traceback’
radiant/modules/common.lua:456: in function 'verify’
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:566: in function <stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:524>
[C]: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/common.lua:257: in function 'xpcall’
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:524: in function '_thread_main’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:249: in function <stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:246>
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:246: in function 'f’
radiant/lib/env.lua:15: in function <radiant/lib/env.lua:14>

develop-2922 (x64)

@stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:566: (2183092 Noelie Jondal) has not yielded after 10 ai spins. Are they in a bad state? Last abort reason: Target out of ranged weapon range or not in sight
stack traceback:
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:566: in function <stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:524>
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:249: in function <stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:246>

New issue, looks like it’s AI Spinning more than just the archers. I’m consistently getting issues with people not placing items, even in the VERY early game (day 3)

develop-2922 (x64)@stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:566: (48343 Riley Gwarin) has not yielded after 10 ai spins. Are they in a bad state? Last abort reason: follow_path mover abortedstack traceback:

Not entirely sold that A16 Hardmode is actually any more difficult than A15. Although monsters can (should?) break down doors, I’m not sure if they’re able to break down fences or gates. So far, on day 4-5, I think I’ve “beaten” hardmode?

See those undead back there? They have left me alone for a while now.

Looks like the icon for “First Responder” is inconsistent. On the footman buff bar, it’s the winged boot, while in the Job Ability section it’s another orange sword icon. Not a big fix, but something.

The Blacksmith’s Iron Pike and Iron Mace seem to have their tuning backwards:

The Pike is an item which requires blacksmith level two and footman level two has an attack of 20 (and uses the sword animation rather than a stab :P)

At the same time, the Mace requires blacksmith and footman level three, while only hitting for 16 damage.

Personally, I would put the mace before the pike in terms of complexity, and don’t have an issue with the scaling of the items, but they seem to be accessible in the wrong order - why craft a mace, ever, when the pike is easier to get and is better?

— EDIT:

Something similar also seems to be going on with the Footman’s Iron Helmet and Shield. The Helmet is craftable first (on the page), but requires a footman level three to use. It’s followed by the shield, which requires only a footman level two. There isn’t the same balancing concern here, but the items do seem to be out of order.
Personally, it would make more switch the level requirements rather than the order. It’s easier to put on a helmet than it is to learn to use a shield!

Looks like that nifty new descriptive UI for who can use what in the blacksmith window has some clipping issues. See below.

1 Like

So some building concerns… the highlighted window wasn’t building for a while, despite the rest of the building being done. I had to IB the building to complete it, after playing the ladder game for a bit.

Despite having totally completed the building, I’m going to have to console destroy the scaffolding manually. Not sure why they aren’t taking it down themselves, no errors to go along with this one.

Also, you can see the crying character who is hungry there? That’s my herbalist. Just now noticed (after almost posting this) that they were stuck up there. Turns out that despite starving, because they were an herbalist with the passive +50 to regen, I don’t think they can starve. Might want to tune that down?

The passive regen doesn’t happen when starving, so I think it should be okay. I think it looks like she’s fine because the starving thought balloon and the health display are mutually exclusive. I need to separate them
You do make a good point though. I don’t think it’s possible for clerics to starve to death either. They passively heal back up

I was watching her health for a little bit - it would dip (I presume from hunger, since she had the starving [red hunger]) icon and was sobbing. She then perked right back up, despite being upset and hungry, presumably from her regen.

Hopefully that helps clarify, but good point about the cleric too!

Only varanuses and ‘doorbreaker’ type ogres are able to break down doors, not all monsters. The monsters continue to ramp up in difficulty as you gain more hearthlings, with certain monster types not appearing until you hit 20 hearthlings at the very least.

We appreciate the feedback and will definitely take this into account as we tweak general tuning and hard mode.

2 Likes

Okay, good to know! Glad I can be of some service… as always, thank you guys for putting out such an awesome game - it’s great to play something that really checks all the boxes!

With regards to being able to wall yourself off, I don’t think it would be unreasonable to have some of the little thieves (those who like black pajamas?) to be able to hop low fences, but not walls. That way, putting up one little wall like this will keep out most of the monsters, like wolves and such, but the light-hitting thieves will still demand at least a footman or two inside the walls to keep things cleaned up. Just a thought!

New Error, came up during combat. I did just promote my first archers (of this game), so I suspect that’s the cause.

develop-2922 (x64)
radiant/modules/entities.lua:345: assertion failed!
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/common.lua:248: in function <radiant/modules/common.lua:242>
[C]: in function 'assert’
radiant/modules/entities.lua:345: in function ‘distance_between’
…h/ai/actions/combat/attack_melee_adjacent_action.lua:166: in function ‘_apply_aoe_damage’
…h/ai/actions/combat/attack_melee_adjacent_action.lua:137: in function 'fn’
radiant/controllers/nonpersistent_timer.lua:56: in function 'fire’
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:82: in function <radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:82>
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:82: in function ‘set_now’
…hearth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.lua:379: in function ‘_on_event_loop’
…hearth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.lua:37: in function 'instance’
radiant/modules/events.lua:206: in function <radiant/modules/events.lua:200>
radiant/modules/events.lua:200: in function 'trigger’
radiant/modules/events.lua:269: in function '_trigger_gameloop’
radiant/modules/events.lua:320: in function '_update’
radiant/server.lua:62: in function <radiant/server.lua:58>

1 Like

Also, and this may entirely be my being dumb, but short of buying them off the fur trader, I haven’t found a way to obtain Poyo Feathers myself. I have a few in a pen together, and none have dropped, and of the several I’ve killed ( ;–; ) none have dropped from that either. I’ve also cleaned up a LOT of packs of mobs all over the place and haven’t looted one from a chest or camp.

They are a rare drop from slaughtering poyos. Perhaps I should up the drop rate … or make them more expensive. They are certainly quite cheap in the shop XD I forgot they could show up there

Thank you for that helpful little tidbit!

… a good while later, I’ve murdered probably close to 70 chickens and not gotten another encounter with the fur trader. Go figure. I’ve only heard from her 2-3 times in the first few days!

In light of the shift, I’d love to petition to rename this from the Combat Build to the Chicken Massacre. I will have fire arrows (and they will blot out the sun)!

ahh I was wondering how you got the feathers as well so thank you! i have slaughtered a few and havent gotten them to drop I shall keep trying

Keep your tissues close at hand, you’re going to be killing a lot of the cute little bastards ;-;

I am also biased towards my chickens, I only keep the red ones >.>

2 Likes

Oh goodness!

Before I realized the source, I made my chicken pen rather small… and I’m too much of a stickler for sticking with my planning to expand it, so I’m currently farming them two at a time.

i just went for it xD so I have max sized of all the pens LOL

@yshan

will chickens with this have a higher drop rate for them?