Engine error with archer (ai spins: target out of range or sight)

Summary:
Hello guyz ^^ Error pop up when archer try to attack hand to hand :smiley:
Steps to reproduce:

1. Craft a bow and promote archer !
  2. Regroup soldier for attacking undead’s place
    3)Error pop up when the Archer attack in melee :o

Notes:
Archer fighting hand to hand before level 1 :o ?

Here is the error : develop-2922 (x64)
@stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:566: (3214 Selvan Nonac) has not yielded after 10 ai spins. Are they in a bad state? Last abort reason: Target out of ranged weapon range or not in sight
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/common.lua:237: in function ‘report_traceback’
radiant/modules/common.lua:456: in function ‘verify’
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:566: in function <stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:524>
[C]: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/modules/common.lua:257: in function ‘xpcall’
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:524: in function ‘_thread_main’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:249: in function <stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:246>
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:246: in function ‘f’
radiant/lib/env.lua:15: in function <radiant/lib/env.lua:14>

Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use:
No mod
System Information:

I5 2500 3.30ghz quad core ! 8 ghz ddr 3, geforce gtx 580 Windows seven ultimate integrale edition !

Well i think i get it :smiley:
The error popped up because the archer seems to can’t attack building :smiley: (or strangely, he got stuck in the building trying to go in maybe :smiley: )
There is no problem with ennemy actualy :smiley:

Edit : Well, " i think i get it" xD

Attacking ennemy is ok but when you try to attack building, the archer goes melee and block your soldier ! They end up stucking running without mooving, have to spam the moove flag to make them unstuck :smiley:

Ok guyz, i’ve something new over here, that spawned a little time after i cleaned a wolves goblin camp :o

develop-2924 (x32)
@stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:566: (8809 Leah Boltoose) has not yielded after 10 ai spins. Are they in a bad state? Last abort reason: Target out of ranged weapon range or not in sight
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/common.lua:237: in function 'report_traceback’
radiant/modules/common.lua:456: in function 'verify’
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:566: in function <stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:524>
[C]: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/common.lua:257: in function 'xpcall’
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:524: in function '_thread_main’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:249: in function <stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:246>
[C]: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/common.lua:257: in function 'xpcall’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:246: in function 'f’

It seems that your archer had something targeted but was unable to get Line of sight or the target was out of range and then did not take any action for 10 ai spins (which is the loop that runs the ai). The developers are still working out the bugs on the new combat units so hopefully they will address this one soon. Currently there is an issue which I have seen with the archer on inanimate objects, like goblin huts, treasure chest, and the stone fences surrounding the black cord necromancer encounter. They get right up on them and then stop, until one of the other units destroys it. I did see something where units that have an object/monster targeted and it dies gains xp. That may be what the xpcall portion is about, it may have not been able to resolve if the archer was suppose to get xp (but this is just a guess)

1 Like

Hm so reporting these will actually help progress the game… Another city it is! thisgameisaddicting:c

2 Likes

i am finding i am getting similar issues with the higher mobs as i do with archers

they are all stuck and I had the same ai spins error with them as you get with the archers

1 Like

Summary:
I’m not sure why, but my archer decided they were frozen. I initially sent them to attack the crypt with my party, and I got a small error about them not being able to shoot the crypt with their bow. So after that, I closed it and kept fighting. They were fighting initially, and we killed a few cultists. My base got attacked by a Varanus, so I pulled everybody back with the move command, but now I get this error every time I load the save and try to move my archer.

develop-2924 (x64)
@stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:566: (3655 Luca Yiss) has not yielded after 10 ai spins. Are they in a bad state? Last abort reason: Target out of ranged weapon range or not in sight
stack traceback:

Steps to reproduce:

1. Load save file.
  2. Try to move the party with a command, or the archer specifically with a command.
  3. Get the lua error.

Attachments:
Attaching the save file so you guys can see what’s going on.
1461439129664.zip (8.0 MB)

dev 2924

System Information:
Super Fancy.

Edit: After I reloaded 4 times, the archer finally moved. It’s a miracle! Also I stopped getting the error. Weird.

Edit #2: Just kidding. It happened right after I posted again. Same error.

I think he REALLY wants to break this fence.

http://puu.sh/ot4UP/adb6c16131.jpg

Now these two really want in on the action.

http://puu.sh/ot4ZG/f8bc8966bc.jpg

THEY DID IT!

http://puu.sh/ot51f/1c60c0715f.jpg

I think the problem is that archers try to melee attack buildings or objects, but they can’t physically melee attack things. It could be a range problem, or it could be a physical inability to melee attack. Lemme know what the actual problem is. They also get in the way of other hearthlings that melee attack, so that could be a problem.

http://puu.sh/ot543/fa6349cfcc.jpg

You can probably fix it by having archers attack buildings from a distance, or not having them target them at all.

1 Like

This problem is quite game breaking to the point I pretty much lost all motivation to play until its fixed.

I know, alpha is alpha, so i’ll wait. But please fix it soon? pretty please?

I’m sure the devs will address this bug very soon, @Kiingy :wink:
Don’t worry.

Summary:
Archers can not break chests, they seem to get stuck when trying to open them

Steps to reproduce:

1. Kill giant with archers

Expected Results:
Archers open the chest or return home
Actual Results:
Archers run at the chest and stop responding to commands
Notes:

Attachments:

System Information:
windows 10
16gb
GTX 970
i7 6700k

same issue here cause game errors xD

sending in reinforcements did not work. The original archer’s failure to break the chest locks them all in place.

just move the archer alone with that tiny green arrow and should do it

Restarting the game resulted in the chest being broken and this error

develop-2924 (x64)
@stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:566: (2797 Fiona Inverse) has not yielded after 10 ai spins. Are they in a bad state? Last abort reason: Target out of ranged weapon range or not in sight
stack traceback:

Hi!
Thanks for reporting this.
can you please upload the save where it throws up that error on load?
In the mean time, I think using the console command ‘destroy’ on the chest will make it pop out loot and should hopefully free up your archers.
-Yang

I noticed this as well, and it seems that a lot of times the pathfinding for the melee classes get stuck when trying to attack a destructable building.

I also had this issue with the goblin hut and treasure chest. It like he wants to melee it but can’t

1 Like

This should be in the bugs section

1 Like

Just thought i would report it before i forget XD, i noticed that archers while they do destroy enemies they dont attack enemy walls, fences tomstones etc.