A16 2969 Comments/Issues

Only 3450 net worth? yeah… best try to fend off the kobolds as best you can until that’s fixed. :wink:

The net worth calculation change a build or two ago. Most crafted items are worth less but the structures you can build are worth much more. This solved the issue of buildling junk for the sake of amassing wealth. A cottage for two is worth 311 gold where it’s raw materials are worth maybe 80 or 90 gold. Alternatively, just pump out a bunch of gargoyles.

Your strategy, to me, seems a bit crafter heavy initially. You don’t need a cook to survive early game and can make it quite a while on two farmers pumping out appropriate crops that net you the best satisfaction for their growth time - corn being the best I think overall in terms of time and satisfaction/serving with some pumpkins for the short harvest. One game I held off making a weaver to I could have a Cleric by day 5 or 6; when you pair a Cleric with one footman it’s like a small army but of a thousand cuts because it can take a while. There’s also the militia feature, have you used that? I didn’t notice that for a while and it helps out greatly early game.

My starting hearthlings in a game that had a good start were: Farmer, Carpenter, Mason, Trapper with 3 workers. Then I transitioned the workers, or one or two new hearthlings depending on stats, into a footman and herbalist for the cleric. I neglected to write it down but by hearthling 9 or 10 I would’ve started my Blacksmith.

With some smart usage of the caravan’s and trader’s you can jump right into a Blacksmith without a Weaver as you’d buy all the components you need trading with gargoyle’s. On normal approach had me with a Cleric/Knight combo on day 12. A knight, cleric and archer combo got me through the goblin campaign with some kiting needed on larger groups. Getting a Cleric quickly requires moving the wild flowers into your camp so you don’t burden your farmer.

I could see an easy mode later down the line but hopefully after combat tuning and other balance tweaks otherwise I think the focus and scope would be tricky to maintain.

As for percentage of of fighters, are your numbers from a more civilized time perhaps? We’re in an untamed world building out in the fringes of the wild, I’d expect at least half or more of any town either being militia or trained to fight in order to survive anything dangerous that can and will come their way.

Random encounters need only a few fighters to compete, but we also have goblins and orcs basically waging war against our people so our military needs to increase in size to complete.

I think only magmasmith and geomancer are yet to be implemented… or are there more? Those are the only two from the roadmap. And if the geomancer can do combat too, the balance will be even stronger in favour of combat units. But who knows.

Beastmaster, Hunter, Big-Game Hunter, Architect, Engineer, just to name a few more.

Okay, yeah I see the engineer on the roadmap. But could you link me to Beastmaster, hunter and big-game hunter please? That would highly interest me. Thanks :slight_smile:

Go into your game install location, then into the mods folder. Rename stonehearth.smod to stonehearth.zip and unzip it in-place. Explore and enjoy. :slight_smile: There are classes defined for all that (and more) plus I’ve seen a lot of mention of those classes around the Discourse site here and some promotional graphics showing all of those classes too. Don’t have time to go chase all of that down. The main proof is in the main game mod. :wink:

Thanks mate, looking forward to seeing these implemented. Wondering if the big-game hunter will be backer exclusive though, as they get mammoths too (and there is no other big game yet) anyways, looks promising.

I noticed that, after 2 days I had leveled a level 1 footmen to like level 3 .

Good to see those are still in there, I was worried they had given up on adding big game hunters and beastmasters.

I dont recall them saying that the big game hunter would be backer exclusive.

Nice to hear. :slight_smile: I wonder if the 25 hearthlings i average in my towns will be sufficient to have all jobs in the future…