A 'wall' mode where we can see the roof of every building until we mouse over it?

I don’t know if this is planned or not but it would be nice if i can see what my town actually looks like whilst still have the practicality of being able to look into buildings. So when mousing over a building you can just see the foundations? or just see the back 2 walls? Something along those lines

3 Likes

hey there @Schmillt … unless I’ve misunderstood your suggestion, there is already an option to toggle between various views … simply click the little “house icon” on the right-hand portion on the UI…

I believe you may have misunderstood Steve, though it wouldn’t be the first time, I don’t even want to talk about Christmas 2008.

What @schmillt is asking for is a view mode where we see all buildings as a whole but mousing over a building will remove the roof and walls from that building allowing a peek inside.

3 Likes

This is what I meant.
At the moment I find myself toggling between the views a lot as I like to see my town as it is with it’s roofs, but then whenever I need something crafted I have to put the walls back down to see the workbench

1 Like

I’m sure someone could mod it in if the developers aren’t planning to implement it.

Yeah… I doubt the camera settings are done yet anyway though - a method for seeing different floors, and of doing caves etc (especially for the dwarves) is still needed.

1 Like