7 bugs upon opening ascendancy game with ACE (ostriches)

Summary: Yesterday I got the newest versions from stonehearth and ACE from steam, standard procedure. Upon opening the a game, I got the following 7 error reports, so maybe people find this useful.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Get newest version of stonehearth in the standard way over steam
  2. Make a game in stonehearth without ACE: playing the ascendancy in Darkmoor Forest, up to at least the point where the bird shows up (i.e. all the choosing roster, setting up camp stuff is done)
  3. Get ACE (i had to muanually subscribe to ACE in steam)
  4. Open the aforementioned save game
  5. Get 7 error reports immediately.

Expected Results:
No error reports, everything working fine

Actual Results:
Error reports

Notes: Here are the bug reports
1/7:
release-949 (x64)[M]
…_resource_node/renewable_resource_node_component.lua:7: Could not find renewable_resource_component JSON in entity (675337 stonehearth:monsters:avian:ostrich)
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
[C]: in function ‘assert’
…_resource_node/renewable_resource_node_component.lua:7: in function <…_resource_node/renewable_resource_node_component.lua:5>

2/7
release-949 (x64)[M]

c++ exception: lua runtime error

stack traceback:

3/7, 4.7, 5/7, 6/7 are all of this form
release-949 (x64)[M]
…_resource_node/renewable_resource_node_component.lua:7: Could not find renewable_resource_component JSON in entity (675549 stonehearth:monsters:avian:ostrich)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function ‘assert’
…_resource_node/renewable_resource_node_component.lua:7: in function <…_resource_node/renewable_resource_node_component.lua:5>

7/7
release-949 (x64)[M]
…_resource_node/renewable_resource_node_component.lua:206: attempt to index local ‘json’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function ‘report_error’
radiant/modules/commons.lua:58: in function <radiant/modules/commons.lua:51>
…_resource_node/renewable_resource_node_component.lua:206: in function ‘_ace_old_renew’
…ey_patches/ace_renewable_resource_node_component.lua:98: in function ‘renew’
…_resource_node/renewable_resource_node_component.lua:31: in function ‘fn’
radiant/controllers/timer_controller.lua:75: in function ‘fire’
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:91: in function <radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:91>
[C]: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/modules/commons.lua:67: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:91: in function ‘set_now’
…hearth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.lua:538: in function ‘_on_event_loop’
…hearth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.lua:58: in function <…hearth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.lua:57>
[C]: in function ‘trigger’
radiant/modules/events.lua:63: in function ‘_update’
radiant/server.lua:67: in function <radiant/server.lua:64>

Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use:
I got stonehearth and ACE from steam yesterday. This should not be different by now. I believe we are talking about stonehearth 1.1a and ACE 0.9.3

System Information:

try starting a new game with ace activated
the errors are probably because of the changes made by ace

ACE is a huge mod which most likely requires you to make a brand new game for it to function fully. Best practice is to have the mods you wanna use ready before starting a new game to avoid errors.

Some mods you can add during a game but try to avoid if possible :slight_smile:

The ostrich in your map had code (to lay eggs I suppose) that was removed by ace. The game is trying to reach that because the entity still think it has it, but fail to load.

Exactly, ACE 0.9.3 trimmed some things to help with performance a little, ie: massive wild egg laying that would happen sometimes. (also because it added tamed ostriches as a source of big eggs as well) That will throw errors on any save games that had animals that were modified, but these are harmless errors - so don’t worry :slight_smile:

I experienced this, and have found no hinder in playing my town. However, since they are bugs, I was like “maybe I should tell people about this”. It is after all the bug report section of the forums. But apparently, they are features :slight_smile: .

If this isn’t anything new, then consider this no problem.

1 Like