64-Bit Stonehearth is crashing

Let me get back to you after the next build (hopefully today). It will have some additional debugging information that may help.

1 Like

like always if you need any informations/screenshots/benchmarks/screenings ^^ you can ask everytime :wink:

could you first delete the logs (chromium, stonehearth and gfx) out of the stonehearthfolder and start it with this parameters (–logging.renderer=5 --logging.browser=5 --logging.client=3 --logging.horde.pbo=7 --renderer.enable_gl_logging=true) -> after crash upload then the logs? THX!

and perhaps your directx log :wink: so that the can controll your hardwaresettings :smiley:

Latest build still crashes before it even loads.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Stonehearth.exe
Application Version: 0.1.0.2148
Application Timestamp: 54d66678
Fault Module Name: libcef.dll
Fault Module Version: 3.2171.1902.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 5452e9a4
Exception Code: c000001d
Exception Offset: 0000000001c7b323
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 1849
Additional Information 2: 1849c65267ce2967d89f315e1c3c4b82
Additional Information 3: fcbe
Additional Information 4: fcbe2f2e8c9407e5c36a29baebb858e3

hmmm try to change the settings in the user_settings.json from enable_fullscreen" : true, to false, or try to replace the libcef.dll or go in steam Right click stonehearth Propertys Local files - check gamedate.

its seems like its an issue with your windows -.-

Where do I find what build I’m on? All I see is 'Current contend BuildID: 521576 on the Local Files tab.

521576 is the same build ID that Steam says I have – developer 2176 x64

1 Like

I honestly have no clue what half of these posts mean, but i’m still crashing whenever I launch the 64 bit release.

specs:

system: 64-bit OS Windows 7
RAM: 4 GB
Processor: AMD A6-5350M APU

Instructions here are a bit vague. First I read add “disable_pinned_memory”: true, but had to read another 80 posts before I found out what FILE to add it to (stonehearth.json). Also, no instructions on where to add it to inside the stonehearth.json file. Does it go in the mod_checksums function or in the renderer function? (errors out in the mod_checksums function and game still crashes with it in the renderer function.

This thread is so very long, I’d suggest another pinned post with just instructions like these and nothing else.

So you can Start it without 64? And which File Do you mean? Do you mean my posted File?

Steam: Latest - Minimally tested. Won’t start at all. No black screen, just window’s crash dialog box. So I can’t set anything in Stonehearth’s option screen. Neither regular Stonehearth.exe or the .exe in the 64bit directory will run. (this is on an AMD machine).

Steam regular build 205 will run just fine.

Normal tries? Update Treibers for your graka and Windows also Check compatibility and admin Start

Hi,

Could you try these things for me and see if they work for you? They involve passing command line arguments to Stonehearth.exe. You can set them by right clicking “Stonehearth” in your Steam library page, then picking Properties, Set Launch Options… and copy/pasting the command line options below:

1. Turn up the chromium log with this:

–chromium_log_severity=verbose

If it still crashes, please link a copy the chromium.log file in your steam local content folder here.

1. If still crashing, manually turn off 64-bit

–enable_64_bit=false

This will force the game to use the 32-bit process. If it’s still crashing, you might try scanning your system for malware and see if anything turns up. I have seen instances of bugs in 64-bit versions malware installed in Chrome causing the game to crash at startup similar to yours.

Let me know how it goes! Thanks.

1 Like

for the adwarescan i can advise adwcleaner

1 Like

Crashes and attached chromium_log:

chromium.log (127.3 KB)

Then added “–enable_64_bit=false” and it starts like a dream! I will also add that copied Stonehearth from my steam directory to my portable hard drive and ran from an Intel-based machine and it ran in 64 bit mode perfectly, so It seems AMD releated.

3 Likes

Thanks, NonBritGit. This was extremely helpful! I’ll look into the AMD crashes.

2 Likes

I waited until the next patch and re installed and its fixed now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

my 64bit version isn’t working either ever since they started using 64bit up untill the latest version 2283.
I have a AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.20 Ghz processor with 6 GB ram.

It only runs whenever I use the 32 bit version

my 64bit version isn’t working either ever since they started using 64bit up untill the latest version 2283.
I have a AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.20 Ghz processor with 6 GB ram.

I’d like to try to fix this before we push Alpha 9 to stable. Can you describe “isn’t working” a little more? Does the game crash? Do you see a black screen? etc.

Thanks.

The game starts and I see the mouse change into the one we use for the main menu. the screen stays black and my pc freezes. I can’t open task manager/move my mouse or see any changes on my pc clock(which I can see because of dual screen setup)

longest I waited was about 15 minutes after which I use the reset button to restart my pc

let me know if you want to know something else.