[0.24.0 release 877] Unable to start constructing buildings

Summary:
Game gives an error upon load of save and, afterwards, clicking “BUILD” in the builder does nothing other than play a sound.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Load provided save (provided via Google Drive because of size)
  2. Dismiss error log (log contents provided under “Notes” section for convenience)
  3. Open builder
  4. Select a building blueprint (there are two large building blueprints on the provided save) OR design/place a template building down and select it
  5. Click the “BUILD” button

Expected Results:
Construction on building begins and “BUILD” button turns into “PAUSE” button to show that construction has begun.

Actual Results:
Sound for starting construction plays, but nothing else happens.

Notes:
Engine Error Log

Blockquote release-877 (x64)[M]
co-routine failed: invalid key to ‘next’
stack traceback:
[C]: in function ‘next’
radiant/controllers/persistent_job.lua:80: in function <radiant/controllers/persistent_job.lua:78>
(tail call): ?
…ing2/plan/jobs/blueprints_to_building_pieces_job.lua:302: in function ‘find_root_point’
…ing2/plan/jobs/blueprints_to_building_pieces_job.lua:160: in function ‘run’
stonehearth/lib/persistent_job_sequence.lua:39: in function ‘run’
radiant/controllers/persistent_job.lua:49: in function <radiant/controllers/persistent_job.lua:47>

Attachments:
Save file via Google Drive link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bnzBmWeXv4uMaaeLuRqAn3KQH72W-08c

Version Number and Mods in use:
0.24.0 Release 877, Better Storage is the only mod active.

System Information:
Windows 10
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M
Intel Core i5-4200H CPU @2.8GHz (2 cores, 4 threads)
8GB RAM

1 Like

I’ll take a look, thanks!

1 Like

Do you recall if you saw this error prior to saving and exiting the game?

Its possible. I’m not 100% sure. I have a slightly older save file here which I had posted with a different bug which is now fixed: Crash On Load.zip - Google Drive

I vaguely remember things weren’t being built at this time because I was attempting to construct some fences and nothing happened from the time I clicked build to the time I finished designing the big buildings present in the newer save.

EDIT: An error I absolutely do remember was one saying something along the lines of the game being unable to add weaver recipes after completing the tier 3 settlement quest. I didn’t have the presence of mind to copy it down and post a bug report about it at the time though.

1 Like

So, I decided to test something with the save after the most recent unstable update (r880). I deleted the big buildings I was trying to build and reloaded the save file.

The error didn’t occur this time!

Decided to attempt to build any other random template, so I slapped it down and clicked build… and got a completely different error while also not starting the construction (played sound, but didn’t change button or start anything).

Error log:

release-880 (x64)[M]
co-routine failed: No matching overload found, candidates:
bool are_strictly_connected(lua_State*,Point3 const&,Region3 const&,int)
bool are_strictly_connected(lua_State*,Point3 const&,Point3 const&,int)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function ‘are_strictly_connected’
…ing2/plan/jobs/blueprints_to_building_pieces_job.lua:343: in function ‘fn’
radiant/controllers/persistent_job.lua:83: in function <radiant/controllers/persistent_job.lua:78>
…ing2/plan/jobs/blueprints_to_building_pieces_job.lua:302: in function ‘find_root_point’
…ing2/plan/jobs/blueprints_to_building_pieces_job.lua:160: in function ‘run’
stonehearth/lib/persistent_job_sequence.lua:39: in function ‘run’
radiant/controllers/persistent_job.lua:49: in function <radiant/controllers/persistent_job.lua:47>

Did you happen to place fixtures into already built buildings using the building tool?

Not that I can recall on this save.

I did do it on a different save yesterday though, and it throws out an error once the hearthling is about to place the fixture and then drops it on the ground. Places fine still once construction is complete.