{WIP} Playable Undead

Work In Progress

A planned, WIP mod that makes the undead races in Stonehearth available as a single playable kingdom.

ToDo/WIP list:

-Animating Corpses
-New Crops (Various Body Parts)
-New Caravan/Trader Events
-Human Raiders
-More Furniture
-New Item Models

This is a large scale project, with many reworks and rewrites, and as such will probably take as much time to make (by myself) as it will for Radiant to move Stonehearth to a Beta build. I appreciate any input, suggestions, and doubts.

Currently working on crops. I feel it’s as good a start as any, as the models for the zombies themselves are already in-game, and need only be exported, rerigged, and animated. Things I cannot currently do. One thing at a time, yeah?

15 Likes

hey there @RedHex,

firstly, welcome to the discourse :smile:

secondly, i look forward to seeing this mod develop, and would love to see pictures and updates on how the mod progress is going.

and lastly, if you need any help you could always ask our lovely modding support @Drotten.

3 Likes

Interested… Hope this goes well!

2 Likes

perphaps you can use github so that other peoples can help you with the codes - like i can help with i18n and html sizes etc. ^^

3 Likes

Sorry for the lack of any updates. With the holidays and work, and the rare occurrence of simultaneous days off with my girlfriend, it’s been a bit crazy.
Will post some updates tomorrow.

2 Likes

I can’t wait to see this.

My one suggestion: if there is a simple way to change Goblin camps to be Human villages, it would be really funny for Undead to be raiding them. :grin:

4 Likes

THAT actually would be simpler than all the rest. XD Just for you, I’ll make that happen.

6 Likes

Farmable “crops” for undead. Phasing out any vegetables in favor of living(?) food. They are currently a liiiittle misaligned. Details, details.From left to right: Boneboo (name from Starbound), Eyebulbs, and meat (courtesy of Digimon World 1).

Aaaaand a camp standard.

EDIT: Alignment has been fixed (well, except for the boneboo, which INSISTS it needs to be a strong, independent osteocyte that don’t need NO marrow.).

5 Likes

i absolutely love the camp standard

4 Likes

And the ribcage is HOLLOW! :DDDD

3 Likes

Heyho the best is to use voxelshop. So you can Name the layer and also load an original File to Check the Position. If you need help load it up on github and send the link :wink:

1 Like

I can accomplish the exact thing in Qubicle, but thank you for the suggestion.

Fixed models. Positions and aesthetics.

6 Likes

Looks great :smiley: FLEEESSSHHH xD

1 Like

I originally thought that I’d make the meat a five-stage, and the fifth would be rotten, and harvestable… and then thought about how zobies are always looking for LIVING things to eat. So, I decided against the rotten. However, the typical “rotten staged” foods (stage 12) may just be harvestable anyway, and have their own baskets. Since it’s not like its going to upset their stomachs. xD

2 Likes

i think the rotten thing is the correct way because the yearn only for living things because they walk ^^ they will eat all and in lots of zombiemovies you see that the love rotten food xD

1 Like

That looks great!

I was going to suggest making it so the trapper’s knife is made from bone (as in its original description) and then I wondered how skeletons would feel about using bone stuff. That’s something you’ll have to sort out if you include them along with the zombies.

2 Likes

For the moment I’m focusing solely on zombies, but adding the skeletons shouldn’t be an issue. Just list them as separate bodies with matching heads.
A comment was made before about working on github, but I’m honestly not familiar with it’s workings, even if I’ve been signed up for over a year. xD As it stands, this project is expanding VERY quickly, and I may require help with even the simplest things because of the sheer size of the changes. Editing the original post to include planned features.

3 Likes

kinda hate to bump this,

but how goes the mod progress? any progress made or has “life” taken your time as of late?

2 Likes

THIS IS AWESOME!!!

hey there @Brazil_life, please follow the “rules and guidelines”, keep it family friendly and watch your language, thanks :slightly_smiling:

4 Likes