What indie games are on your radar?

@wraithbone @Senkrads thanks for the comprehensive listsā€¦ :slight_smile:

clicks furiously

1 Like

Divergence: Online, a MMORPG with perma-death, not a WoW clone, and beautiful graphics.

Trials of Ascension, a MMORPG with perma-death, not a WoW clone, innovations, and player made content.

Star Citizen, a sci-fi wind commander and open world game of fun.

StoneHearth.

Bout it. Iā€™m kind of tugging in-between ToA and Divergence. Really tough choices. Do I sacrifice the graphics for better gameplay and features? Or do I go with AAA graphics and randomly generated world on the fly like Minecraft.

Definitely Star Citizen for the graphics.

2 Likes

Big respect to the fellow Divekicker

Two games that deserve a bit of love are:

Cryamore<br>
Seyken: Crystal Kingdom

Cryamore just finished their Kickstarter campaign, but theyā€™ve got an early beta (alpha?) of the game for download. The art is top-notch and the distillation of great games like Secret of Mana, Legend of Zelda, and others has the potential to make this game a new classic.

Seyken has been around for a while, but in the last year or so got a significant facelift to go with the subtitle. The pixel art is amazing and so is the dedication of the developer. Heā€™s been making and maintaining this free MMORPG for years. It was unfortunate that his own Kickstarter campaign failed, but I think it was under-advertised.

The games im realy looking forward to are:

1. Darkwood (Hope it gets funded)
  2. Planetaryannihilation
  3. Star-Citizen
  4. [Cube World] 4 (Temp. name for the game)
  5. Amnesia: A machine for Pigs
  6. Among the sleep
  7. Banished

And also: YEY!!! My first post :smile:

Edit: Forgot a coupel of games.

1 Like

welcome aboard @Annabon ā€¦ :slight_smile:

cube world, aka the one man extravaganza, is an insane indie titleā€¦ i only wish he kept the blog more up to dateā€¦ or, he let me throw handfuls of money at the projectā€¦ :smiley:

Cubeworld and just saw a kickstarter which reached it goal gonna back this up in a few days the stomping land http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/524168447/the-stomping-land/posts
looks like my dream game XD if you are interested in third person survival games this is the shit really excited for it.

Looking forward to Planetary Annihilation and Castle Story. Iā€™m also backing The Dead Linger, although Iā€™m a bit disappointed about the direction itā€™s going.

i still have high hopes for this gameā€¦ but the community just fell into a deep sleep when the team went darkā€¦

Iā€™m not too annoyed about Castle Story. Itā€™s really far behind schedule but the devs are keeping in contact with the community through their blog, and the prototype was very impressive.

Kickstarter/indie is pretty much my only source of games now.

Timber and Stone is a fantastic game with one of the most dedicated and nice devs ive seen.
Im currently in the alpha for Grim dawn which i backed last year and its everything i hoped for, if you liked titan quest you should love this.

Starbound,
Project GODUS,
Tug,
War for the Underworld and Planetary annihilation. as you may have guessed im a fan of some old school rts/god games

About Castle Story: Its been a bit of a bumpy road, i backed them in the first hour of their kickstarter (i was very excited) and up until the prototype i was very impressed. Donā€™t get me wrong, The prototype was excellent. Im just about disappointed with how rapidly the relationship between Sauropod and the community has gone down hill since the new year. There have been times when they have gone silent for a long time and their blog seem to make a habit of either not telling us much or are how about something has gone wrong. although this is getting better again.

I appreciate they are a small studio, so im not expecting to be informed of their every move or new development. Its just seems to me (going off the updates we do get) that development is going extremely slowly. I hope there has been a lot going on we dont know about/ too technical to really talk about.

2 Likes

I think it is even more important for a small studio to make frequent announcements.
Look at Limit Theory a game made by a single Dev.
He posts a full detail of his work. Daily. Including a tally of his hours spent.

Games I am looking forward to and their platform:
PC:
TUG
Agarest: Generations of War (Steam Greenlight)

PS Vita:
FF10

Limit Theory looked absolutely awesome but for some reason during its KS campaign I didnā€™t back it. I regret it so much now.

tug

planetexploders

timber and stone

stardrive http://www.stardrivegame.com/

factorio https://www.factorio.com/

love them

Maia (Donā€™t want to link their website because itā€™s terrible =)

Forsaken Fortress

Kenshi

Yea itā€™s a bit repetitive. So far only fight after fight. No diplomatic missions, no boarding enemy ships, no planetside battles or exploration. Just fight, win tokens, add to ship or crew, fight again.

1 Like

Josh is a machineā€¦ and someone i admire quite a bitā€¦ his vision, openness, commitment and attention to detail make him a huge asset to the indie communityā€¦

I bought it because it looked like a nice (if simple) god game but found it disappointing.

Every game mode where you can get unlock more abilitiesā€¦ is on a timer.
You canā€™t just play this as a casual game. Even in ā€œfree playā€ mode your abilities are limited to those you have ā€œconqueredā€ in the Era mode, which plays like a puzzle gameā€¦ under time pressure.

The prominent feature of this game seems to be complexity. (which is not a good thing - depth would be good)
You are expected to learn these rules. Note that this is not a joke. While you can get partial info on these items in the game, you donā€™t see their exact interactions and effects. And with the game being on a timer and abilities having lengthy cooldowns, you canā€™t just ā€œtry them outā€. You have to learn this list in advance.