Tobias' Norsemen (and women) WIP

They look brill, this is definitely top of my to download list

Man those look great, top notch work. I need to start learning Lua so I can help people mod in all of these fantastic models.

-Will

Very nice. I’d be interested to see the building structure you would set up.

Hello again

Some runestones

I was thinking these could be generated around your roads and city to celebrate great heroes and important battles.
Maybe clicking on them will provide details of the inscription… hmm must think about this.

‘This stone was raised by Narvi the Smith in honour of Einar Bearhands who faced the goblin hoards and cast them back into darkness…’

Also thank you for your kind words and ideas.

16 Likes

Nice! I love the idea of plaques and such you can set up to commemorate events; it would be a great feature to help with the emergent story telling aspect.

-Will

The Mead must get through!!

@Pepe thanks for the barrel design… can’t improve on perfection :wink:

20 Likes

one day… onnnnne day, i will have these bearded beauties roaming my landscape…

1 Like

Make me a longboat and I might just ditch @SteveAdamo and run away with you instead.

haha this is looking great. i think i would like to see you make one of those viking boat for them :smile:

What’s a norse setting without ravens?

13 Likes

Hmm I seem to be having a problem. I am unable to upload any images. I get a message saying the maximum size is 0kb.
I have some work to post but no can do =(

@voxel_pirate I will post a breakdown of how i created the title when I have written it :wink:
I recreated the base font from the stonehearth logo. It was not too good then I created a bunch of layers and FX to pretty it up. Not too convinced about the result and feel a bit cheeky using the Stonehearth font so I may change that.

Until next time

@Geoffers747 & @Martin4844 The longboat is on its way …

1 Like

@TobiasSabathius You will find a post here on why you cannot upload your image. So actually you need to look for space to upload it and just link the URL to this forum. That seems to have been the issue causing the forum to stumble.

On the Font… guides are always welcome. However, in the meanwhile I have done the same ;-). Wold be great to have the complete font, so the work would be a bit easier.

1 Like

Many thanks,
Time to dust off my photobucket

And where there are ravens and Norsemen there you will find Odin Allfather

8 Likes

oh my sweet baby geezuz (trade-mark pending)… doth mine eyes deceive me, or have you just whipped up a voxel Odin?

squeeeeeeee!!

i am constantly amazed at how your models just seem to “fit” with the existing design direction… very well done, as always

1 Like

Well it is good to be back :smile:

I have had a chance during the downtime to revamp the Norsemen a bit… New logo, new helmets and better pictures all linked from an external source.

So time me to dig into Qubicle again and see what jumps out.

Plans are to create Loki’s Children, three monster factons:

Faction: Hel
Minions:Draugr (Blueskinned Dead Vikings), Skellies (Ancient Undead Heroes)
Titan: Hmmm not sure

Faction: Fenrir
Minions:Varulfr (werewolves after a fashion), Wolves
Titan: Garm (monsterous wolf)

Faction: Jormungand
Minions:Grabak (Serpentmen), Ofnir (lesser snakemen)
Titan: Nidhogg (monsterous snake/dragon/??))

5 Likes

can… not… wait… :slight_smile:

but i believe we’ve had the “green light” from @sdee that directly hosted images are OK once again…

1 Like

Man, I need to get to work! I’ve got to hurry up and finish my custom techtree and its race or I’ll be left behind!

how do i keep track of you?

This thread specifically, at the bottom below “Favorite share reply” you should see another drop down box?

Change that to either “tracking” or “watching”, depending on the level of tracking you want.