Tactics and morale

I suggest some kind of toggle to see the morale status of your units. I wasn’t sure if I should put it here or create a new suggestion thread; I thought it better to keep the discussion here.

I won’t discuss the underlying mechanics of morale, but whatever it is I think it would be cool to be able to toggle some kind of indicator. The toggle could be civ-wide or on an individual unit. For morale, I’m thinking something like a color coded-smiley face that hovers over the unit’s head. For example, green and smiley is happy, yellow and flat mouth is just ok (basic default start happiness), red and frowny is bad, and at most a 4th indicator that flashes red or is black with an X mouth or something reflecting horrible.

This would be helpful in general for seeing your unit’s happiness and maybe you could even click or hover on the indicator and it would give you a couple bullet points about why the unit is happy or sad (lost a pet cat, had a good nap). This would also be helpful in battle; when you see a bunch of units red you know the battle is going poorly, and if you see a bunch of guys running away with black X faces, you know they’ve chickened out completely, lost too many buddies, miss their cat, etc.