Semiavas' N7 project. Also found a great and easy way to cut the lag a ton

Hello everyone,

So I finished the N7 project (pics below), though I might add more detail later, I dunno lol.

I also found an amazing way to reduce the lag a ton (at least for me). Simply turn the sounds off in the settings. My game was running great after that and even during and after I built the ship; I can see if it works for my tower save as well. Oh and it won’t get worse again if you go and play iTunes or something, at least for me it didn’t. Maybe there’s a bug in the sound portion of the game? idk.

Also, because it is running so fine, if you guys like I can do a game recording showing my slav… I mean my citizens, building the spaceship if ya like. And I can do one for the tower if the settings thing does it for it too.

It’s too bad the full version won’t be coming out till after I start at my university, I prolly won’t have as much free time around then :<. Ah well, enjoy :3.

15 Likes

Oh yeah, here’s one of the underside.

5 Likes

another gorgeous build @Semiavas! the scale is ridiculous! :smile: :+1:

as for the sound quirk… perhaps we should page @Doug and @sdee

4 Likes

Lovely build! The SR1 was absolutely built by paid, loyal labor. The SR2… well, we don’t talk about that. :wink:

2 Likes

I still have a couple months before I start at university. So if you guys have any build requests lemme know.

2 Likes

how about Helms Deep or Minas Tirith? (can you tell that im a lotr fan… :wink: )

1 Like

Sure, pick one and I’ll build it.

1 Like

Awesome build, what version has it been built on?

I know the community will appreciate your heads up on the lag issue.

As to your next project, I would like to mention I have not seen much from “Game Of Thrones” world.
Cities presented on their opening screen seem quite of a challenge to be built.

This could also be the beggining of a new MOD.
A poll might prove usefull

2 Likes

What about the Parr family from the movie “The Incredibles”? The shot near the end of the movie should be particularly nice. (Edit: The shot I was thinking of is actually this one.)

Also, any plans on uploading these epic building templates?

2 Likes

The one just before the new 11… I think, lol.

I’ve never watched Game of Thrones, but if you can find pics of em, I can give it a shot.

People may be a bit more difficult, on the count of the blockey look, however I’m willing to give it a shot.

Upload?

1 Like

you could always try your hand at pixel art.

[quote=“Semiavas, post:11, topic:14475”]
Upload?
[/quote]upload the templates (if you saved these epic builds as templates) to a file sharing website, so that the community would be able to build them in their own worlds.

2 Likes

So like I could make them into one of those auto build structures on the list?

1 Like

yes, you can make your builds into templates (whilst your still designing them) by clicking “finished editing” and then clicking “save” this will bring up a box that allows you to name the template. once you do that you are able to place the template anywhere in the world and have it built.

make sense?

2 Likes

HOLY CRAP. How did I miss that!

Can these templates be used with all versions of the game or at least future ones? Cause if so, I just became a whole hell of a lot more willing to build all this cool junk.

3 Likes

they should work with future versions, though sometimes templates bug out and wont work, and they might break if changes are made to the building editor.

then again, i havent played for the last while, so i dont know if templates do work from older versions.

2 Likes

My ship appears to work fine as a template, and in version 11. But my tower doesn’t seem to want to, maybe I need to have all of these without any furnishings to make sure they’re compatible?

hat could be a possibility, im not sure. i personally always add furniture after the construction of a building, and i dont think ive had problems with templates yet.

paging @sdee, could having furnishings saved in a template be a problem?

3 Likes

More likely it’s the stairs-in-multi-story-templates problem. Glad the ship is working though!

4 Likes

Ah, for the tower I did use the auto walls thing. For the ship I did nothing but second floor blocks.

1 Like