Rayya's Children - Farming and Ladders

Hey!,

So, once more, just a couple quick suggestions. Let me know what you guys think!

One;

With Rayya’s Children, along with the inaccessibility of wooden training swords from the start, I also realized there’s also the the wooden farmer’s hoe at the start, making farming, just like militarized town defense, nearly impossible at the beginning of the game. Now obviously, these tools can just be bought through the trade options before you even start the game, but for me at least, that should not be a requirement.

With that, I suggest, obviously, some way of farming for Rayya’s Children. Now, granted this playable race was JUST added to the game, so I’m sure something is in the works, but I just thought I could bring it up.

As for what could replace the wooden farmer’s hoe in the start of the game, I don’t know. I could only assume, perhaps just a clay variant…? Well, what do you think? Let me know!

Second;

With regard to ladders, one of my personal pet peeves with these is a current issue I have consistently while mining. That is, while my workers mine, they will sooner or later get stuck, and the only way to get out is by placing a ladder. However, because everyone else in my town is either working on another job, sleeping, or eating, the ladder won’t be placed any time soon, or at all. And while I like the current version of how ladders work, I was thinking there could be an addition or change to them.

My idea was simply to eliminate the need for one piece of wood to build a ladder. Granted, that eliminates realism, however, this way, any worker, at any time, could then build any ladder, and as many as needed to get out of tough areas.

EDIT*: Oh! I also forgot to add more other thing. I’d also like to suggest that ladders be taken down from the angle at which a worker arrives at the ladder. Meaning, if the worker arrives at the top of the ladder, the worker will un-deploy the ladder from the top. And then if the worker arrives from the bottom, the worker will then break down the ladder from the bottom.

But, more importantly, and once again, what do you guys think! Let me know!

-Surly

1 Like

This wont happen… sorry… but rayyas children are supposed to buy food thru trade… it is mentioned several times they are supposed to trade for things they cant make… which is why they get a trader with food every day and why they cant produce their own food unless you buy the tools at the beginning. This is intended.

They are quite simply not supposed to farm… it is why they have much less food types when farming.
On top of that… all the food they can farm is low nutrition food… they are not meant to farm… period. it is the desert after all.

1 Like

The Ascendancy can farm great in the desert! Which kind of breaks desert gameplay, but… alas. I’d really like for desert farming to be slowed down, but on some level accessible for either kingdom. If the irrigation system ever gets added, desert farming should feel a bit better.

tsk tsk, @AdriannaVentara, you don't get to definitively say what will or won't happen if you're not a dev.
1 Like

@AdriannaVentara,

Hmm… Well you mentioned that this is the intention. As for myself, I haven’t seen anything that has talked about that… But, if you’re right, then that’s fine. This suggestion was based off just not knowing what they intend to do, somewhat fully, with Rayya’s Children.

In addition, granted, it is the desert. But that does not mean you cannot farm. Especially with the irrigation system planned for the game, farming would be a relatively easy thing to do. And again granted, it wouldn’t be ‘easy’ in terms of how easy it would be to grow in temperate grassland, but it’s possible nonetheless.

But otherwise, thanks for commenting!

Same to you @coasterspaul, thanks for the comment!

-Surly

1 Like

I believe the intention is that its harder to get food/water in the desert so you need to rely on trade (which is rayya’s childrens specialty)

I would love to see some oases being added to the desert biome. This way, you could settle near one to be able to farm your crops there :wink: And these oases would also look killer if implemented to the map correctly.

2 Likes

Farming wise, I imagine this will be fixed (as had been said) with the addition of irrigation. So neither the ascendancy or RC will have an ‘advantage’. As for what they grow, I think it makes sense to be biome based, perhaps with a few ‘secret’ crops that only the home biome group can grow…

1 Like

@AdriannaVentara,

Right. Like I said, if that’s what Radiant Entertainment is planning, then cool! I look forward to it.
However, that does leave the question of whether we’ll be able to still farm tree saplings, cacti, and other desert flora. Then again, that could also be added through trading…

Either way, I’m just looking forward to learning more about the new race(s).

And once again, thanks for the comment Ms. Ventara.

-Surly

1 Like

@Argen,

Shockingly, I didn’t even think of that!

What a good idea! You’re right, that would look stunning!

And yes, my crops will finally have a home then. : D

Thanks for the comment, friend!

-Surly

1 Like

@capotzalco,

That would be cool.

Now I’m just really enticed to see what the third race, and apologies for not knowing that name, will bring towards common things such as farming and building.

HUH! This game is awesome.

Anyway, before I start going off to fantasy island, thanks for the comment!

-Surly

1 Like