Qubicle Creations

Alright took me a little while but i have finally made a beginner Lean to shelter for when you start off.

note: fake ground for aesthetic purposes.

4 Likes

Thanks to me not looking into Qubicle deeper than a first glance I didnā€™t see that it canā€™t export to .OBJ with the free version till now. I was looking forward to doing some animation this morning but I fiddle around instead.

4 Likes

Hi there, can you send the head to me in a .qmo file? From the pics provided, I canā€™t seem to get the dimensions right :confused:

EDIT: NVM, think i got it. So yeah, Cloud happenedā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue: :smile:

imagehttp://i.imgur.com/Rvt39ri.gif?1

6 Likes

Haha, that thing is too funny :slight_smile:

Latest version of my squirrel. Not sure about the new tail, I like the end but the middleā€¦need to sleep on it. I went for smaller ears as the old ones didnā€™t look right from the front. May also go back to swinging the arms around more so they hand under the shoulders when bipedal. Thoughts about the tail?

6 Likes

@Senkrads awesome bird u got there, keep up the great work!

@Decho now thatā€™s a squirrel! love it, will u animate this chap or just pose? itā€™s hard to see the seperated voxel chunks of the tail in this color but i really like it how you modeled it. maybe the end of the tail could even be a few voxels bushierā€¦ :]

Iā€™m going to work on animating it later :slight_smile: Only reason I stopped where I did was because I realised it was 1am! Thanks for the comments, may try breaking the colour of the tail up a bit, could help. I did try the tail a bit bushier, but as it is itā€™s already a little bigger than the head, though admittedly you canā€™t really see that from this angle.

Hey guys, this is Tim from minddesk. I just wanted to say: you guys are amazing! Seeing your works and reading the nice comments about my software is making my day!. Thanks for that!

@tim yea Cubicle is awesome i can freely make anything i so choose and i definitely plan on buying the master version later on and hopefully finding some affordable animation software later on.

1 Like

Yeah Tim, thanks for the software is EPIC! ^^, Defo gunna get the gaming edition when I can. :smiley:

1 Like

Time to Gear up for battle my Brethren for i am constructing an all mighty mech ( ohkay maybe not for the game altho a steam one maybe?) and so Behold the work in progress :smiley:

3 Likes

Alright, Iā€™ll share what Iā€™ve been working on. Had an idea for maybe a Halfing-esque character, I like to call the Scale Knights.

http://imgur.com/5lsjIZc

And here. Now they spin!

http://imgur.com/iu6XJOl

More works later. Perhaps.

I like them - I think the head is slightly too wide? Bring it in a little bit and see,

1 Like

Blender is free, Maya and 3DSMax are both really expensive. Nice work.

@ernierock i did used to have autodesk Maya o3o maybe even 3Ds not sure id have to go check my account

Ok squirrel update:

And a video of the current version of the run animation Iā€™ve been working on:
Youtube video ā€˜Squirrel Run Animation Test 1ā€™

This is the first thing Iā€™ve made using Qubicle and the first thing Iā€™ve ever tried to animate, so considering that Iā€™m not unhappy with how itā€™s turning out so far. The animation plays a little faster in reality, and thereā€™s less of a gap between loops, only reason for those in the video is the video editing software I used.

Iā€™ll probably be re-posting this in a new thread at some point, along with, and once Iā€™ve finished some of the other things Iā€™m working on (not for a few weeks probably), so as not to clutter this one with too many versions of the same thing.

19 Likes

I love it! For a first its really good. Fix the gaps in the animation and I could see it running around in StoneHearth

The giant hands from FF7 fIt RIGHT into this aesthetic! He looks just like he stepped out of the Wall Market.

1 Like

Thanks! Gunna try and make some more. Gonna try and make the whole set. :slight_smile: but yeah, looked and it and thought, hmm, this could work. :slight_smile:

EDIT: Also, just backed this @Pepe, keep up the awesome work. Game of the decade!! :smiley:

@Decho

that animation is awesome only thing wrong with it i can see is the slight pause between leaps owo otherwise completely perfect <3

also the rendering is just so much love <3