Qubicle Competition Discussion Thread. Cycle 1, Week 4 - Deities!

This thread is for the discussion of everything related to this [urlhttp://discourse.stonehearth.net/t/qubicle-competition-model-submission-cycle-1-week-4-the-final-deities/2287/]weeks theme and models[/url]. Be it critique, suggestions, or just general chat about your favourite.

Also feel free to post other models you were thinking of submitting or other ideas you had around this weeks theme.

The competition will be fierce I see. Well, let’s get to it.

Huh? I thought the food theme had the same number of votes as the deities theme…
Anyway, as @RoseyNineOneOne says, it’s going to be a fierce competition. Even if some of the finalist already have the prize, the level is so high! :persevere:

Does Kronos count as a deity, even though he’s only a titan?

EDIT: Also, what happens if someone who already owns the Home version of Qubicle wins?

The food theme did have the same votes, @SteveAdamo and I decided to use moderator discretion and deities seemed a more fitting and grander theme for the final week!

@RoseyNineOneOne if the first place finalist already owns the home edition then the second place finalist will receive it, or whoever is next in the rankings that does not own the home edition. First place will then receive the prize of second place!

Hope that’s clarified some stuff.

Edit; @RoseyNineOneOne I would say that Cronus is fine.

I’m talking about this guy. Who is Cronus?

Ah, I thought you meant [urlhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cronus] Cronus[/url], father of Zeus and others.

Just submit your input fast @RoseyNineOneOne , so I do not have to think anymore about what to do :wink:.

1 Like

wow… is he from a gaming franchise? God of War perhaps?

i was thinking the same as @Geoffers747 though, as Cronus is a pretty awesome figure in Greek mythology…

I thought that … and then realised it’s from the film [urlhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WstJHoRC844] Wrath of the Titans [/url]. Same thing, just the film interpretation of Cronus, Cronos, Kronos.

Edit: Just after I posted this, an advert for it came on TV. How odd.

Actually, yes you are right. Weirdly spelled in that movie, but I wasn’t thinking of that movie. I was talking about the Cronus for Age of Mythology, one of my all time favorite strategy games. He shows up in the intro and I think one or two missions.

well then, there is some rhyme to the universe, as we’ve come full circle, and are talking about the same bad@ss… now, someone craft him in all his blocky glory! :+1:

1 Like

Of course I rather wished you had stayed with the food idea…

soup or fish?

Pumpkin or cherry?

Leg or breast?

6 Likes

never, in a million years, would i have thought i’d utter these words…

thats some damn fine voxel food you have prepared there @TobiasSabathius:+1:

edit: bonus points for the mood lighting

I thought deities would be a bit more impressive … but you’ve just proven me wrong.

We could open it up to food or deities? I mean it’'s up to you guys you’re the finalists!

I’m actually getting hungry looking at it!

Of course, if the theme had been food, I’d had made something like that feast, it would have been an obvious option to win xD
But that’s awesome @TobiasSabathius! My attempts on food would had never been as great as your banquet…

I’ve decided Cronus is ugly. I’ve decided to model someone else, my favorite Goddess of the Greek Pantheon, and any circle of gods to be honest, Artemis.

Still working on her, she’s got a long way to go before she is competition ready. Dunno if I should post a WIP picture of her here or to not bother.

2 Likes

Go for it, what you got to lose, if anything you’ll strike fear in the heart of everyone else :stuck_out_tongue:

Exactly. My goddess have kind of a greek dress but I suppose they will be enough different from your Artemis (plus my sister is annoying me about the colors, although she gave me an idea for the hairdos…)
And… I’m also afraid of @Agon. It feels like he’s gonna submit something amazing just right in the last minute >_>)
I finished my goddess of justice and her attrezzo (big scale and small scale), and the model of the goddess of nature (but not her atrezzo). I may do another god if I find time. (Sorry for using the word atrezzo - in Spanish we use it for objects that help with the ambient on a stage).

My goddess of justice has little wings instead of ears, the problem is I don’t know if they look better stretched out or stuck alongside the head…

1 Like