Paused, cannot resume

Early Test Version 0.11.0 develop 2603 (x64)

So, I’m not sure what in the world I did here: One moment I was in my stone masons build menu queuing some lamps and I believe the game decided to save in the background at the same time I built said lamps. Now, my game is perma-paused across sessions. It’s not locked up as the UI and everything else is functional and the game isn’t even throwing any errors, it’s just paused. Hitting resume, backing out to the menu and back into the save does nothing to unpause it. It’s locked forever at day 5 and I’m not sure what I did.

Did you try closing and restarting the game? Figured you did but that’s not apparent in your post :wink:

It’s perma-paused between sessions. Restarting the game, backing out to menu, shaking my fist in the air, or mashing the continue button does nothing.

“Did you try turning your computer off then back on?” Hahaha sorry just had to say it ;p

@Banana Would it be possible to get a save file of your game? I can try to figure out what’s going on with it. Probably something with the default clock settings :<
Thanks
-Yang

2 Likes

Absolutely @yshan https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3890564/stonehearth_auto_save.zip

I’m rather curious to learn what happened myself.

Thanks @Banana
I loaded the save it appears a lot of lua errors are happening in the background. I’m working through fixing them.
Not sure if I can recover the save, but fingers crossed.
-Yang

2 Likes

I’m not worried about recovering the save, I’d rather have those bugs ironed out of future updates more than anything. I’m more interested to learn what the conditions were met to create that error in the first place so maybe I could recreate/avoid it in the future.

2 Likes

Looks like this is still happening in 2611. The root cause seems to be when the game saves in the background while you’re in a crafting dialog (Weaver/Carpenter/Whatever) and then it perma-pauses.

1 Like

@Banana
Would it be possible to get another save that does this? Also, does the save start out paused if you quit out of the game entirely and then restart and load the save?
Thanks
-Yang

1 Like

I’ll attempt to recreate it if I can, when it happened this time I was like “oh, great!” and quit out and came back in to what I believe was a previous autosave. If it happens again I’ll post it.

Okay, I just took a closer look at this and fixed some issues with the clock speed code. Hopefully that will fix this pause issue next update.
Sorry about that!
-Yang

3 Likes

Managed to reproduce it, but it looks like it doesn’t actually auto-save now. It just pauses and can’t be unpaused but you can manually save, view and do everything else. It seems that when I’m placing an order and toggling the number of items I want produced at the exact same time this fires causes the lock.

Anyway, here’s the save file I made for 2611 - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3890564/Stonehearth/1443505426518.zip

1 Like

@Banana
Thank you for the save.
I was able to unpause after loading up the game and the hearthlings would continue working. Can you try loading the game in the latest build, 2617 and tell me if that fixes it?
Thanks
-Yang

1 Like

I tried to unpause it in 2620 and it’s still in a stuck state and doesn’t seem to want to budge.

Hi @Banana
Can you show me your user_settings.json file? I wonder if we have different settings that is causing this.
Thanks
-Yang

1 Like
{
	"user_id" : "f66dee5a-16f7-11e5-9997-7824af419660",
	"collect_analytics" : true,
	"alpha_welcome" : {
		"hide" : true
	},
	"renderer" : {
		"run_once" : true,
		"use_high_quality" : true,
		"enable_ssao" : true,
		"enable_shadows" : true,
		"msaa_samples" : 0,
		"shadow_quality" : 4,
		"max_lights" : 64,
		"enable_vsync" : true,
		"enable_fullscreen" : true,
		"screen_width" : 1920,
		"screen_height" : 1058,
		"draw_distance" : 800,
		"last_window_x" : -8,
		"last_window_y" : -8,
		"last_screen_x" : 8,
		"last_screen_y" : 52
	},
	"tutorial" : {
		"hideStartingTutorial" : true
	},
	"audio" : {
		"bgm_volume" : 0,
		"efx_volume" : 1
	},
	"force_32_bit" : false,
	"enable_auto_save" : true,
	"language" : "en",
	"mods" : {
		"stonehearth" : {
			"default_storage_filter_none" : false
		}
	}
}

boom, there it is.

Thanks @Banana
Your user settings helped us uncover a full screen bug! But unfortunately, the game still unpaused for me.
This might be too much trouble, but would it be possible to get a short video of what the game does when you load it up? I want to see what it looks like when you try to unpause it and it doesn’t unpause (even a crappy phone video or whatever will do)
Thank you
-Yang

3 Likes

I could do you one better, if you’re on steam I could fire things up and invite you to watch my game and answer any questions you may have in real-time.