New website page

Yeah i think a bit more difference between the background and page collors would help.

I’ll +1 This idea. I think it’s a good thing to lay out for visitors.

1 Like

Yes, this is a smart idea. We’ll do this.

3 Likes

@jonyon54: thanks for reporting those issues!
We’ve fixed the duplicate pictures and some of the other stuff.
We’ll tackle the blog page numbers shortly.
We’re still on our “shakedown cruise” so if you spot something wonky please report it. (Thanks.)

Thanks also for your suggestions.
The site is by no mean complete; we have plans for lots of additional content (much of it contributed by you, the community!)… but we wanted to get a basic site in place now and then add to it as we go along.
FYI we will be restoring the old concept art page soon.

4 Likes

One thing that I didn’t see on the website that I feel would really assist new players is a breakdown of the Construction UI. Construction is briefly mentioned under “Explore/Getting Started”, but the interface isn’t mentioned or presented on the site.

Granted, the UI will likely undergo further revisions in the near future with additional materials and building options, but at the very least more-confirmed tools like the floor and slab tools and the ‘create walls/roofs’ command could be introduced here.

5 Likes

Awesome to hear! I’m glad that I’ve been able to help you guys :grin:

I’m happy that the concept-art page is coming back and i can’t wait to see what other improvements you’ll be making to the website. I’ll be keeping an eye to see if there are any other issues i can report. good luck :+1:

the only thing that is still bugging me is that there is still no information about the Wednesdays streams in the “come say hi on twitch” section. those are my favorites, and have yet to be mentioned on the site (this and the previous variation) #GiveTonySomeLove

1 Like

Twitch sidebar updated – #TonyGotLove

5 Likes

this is why you guys are the best :heart:

2 Likes

Done! Thanks for the suggestion.

http://stonehearth.net/development/

6 Likes

er mah gawd… I forgot about this… as if my life weren’t awesome enough, i’m now even more internet famous! :blush:

http://stonehearth.net/steveadamo-plays-alpha-10/

p.s. part 4 is in the oven :wink:

p.s.s. from the main community page here, it looks like the first link (Community spotlight) is b0rked…

3 Likes

There seems to be an issue with the responsive design and the top menus:

Thanks, Steve – link fixed.

@Solus: What browser are you using?

Good Ol’ Safari (Version 7.1.6 (9537.85.15.3)) for that one, I get the same thing on Chrome. This is on a Mac… (At work :innocent: )

Chrome Shot:

I see that too (on a Mac, on Firefox and Safari) – but the overlap is only for a certain limited configuration – if you size down or size up with the window it performs correctly. I suspect this is an artifact of how this particular theme handles responsive display… but we’ll look into it.

1 Like

Yeah, it doesn’t bother me much, I know responsive display is tricky, but thought i’d point it out. :smile:

The new site looks great! I especially like the guides and the information on the hearthlings. I don’t have much else to say except good job, and I look forward to next week’s blog post which hopefully will include a sneak peek at some Alpha 11 stuff.

Hi

I just discovered the new design of your site and I find it very good! :slight_smile:

I have a question: Have you thought to translations of the site, into French for example? I thinks that it can help new players who discover the game but who don’t speak English. If you have this project, we would be happy to help you. :wink:

Zelwak, moderator of the French Community ( stonehearth.fr )

a very grand idea indeed, @Zelwak :smile:

1 Like

Thanks @8BitCrab :stuck_out_tongue:
For sure, we will translate Beginner’s guide and other pages like that to our website and wiki. If it can be integrated, it will be free :wink:

And also, can we hope return of a link to our French community on the official website? ^.^