New polls incoming!

ok folks, we need your help! :smiley:

@Geoffers747 had the brilliant idea to toss up a poll based on @easto1a’s theread here:

the basic idea is to have one or more “doodad polls” which could provide some insight into what the community would like to see next… at least as far as doodads are concerned… :wink:

keep in mind, the doodads themselves have to be “implementable” given the current infrastructure (no suggestions for windmills and aqueducts as those sorts of systems arent in place yet)…

a good rule of thumb:

basically things that require Qubicle, and very little to no code

so more along the lines of new animals, plants, decorative pieces, etc.

with that in mind, we would like to ask for not only the categories, but the items to list within… so blatantly stealing borrowing from @Teleros’s suggestion in the same thread, here’s a starting point/example list:

• Animals

• Dogs

• Cats

• Chickens

• Crops/Plants

• Wheat

• Rice

• Tomatoes

• Decorations

• Lamppost

• Flowerbox

• Picnic Table

• Furniture

• Sofa

• Padded Chair

• New Doors

• Trees

• Elm

• Willow

so there you go folks… please add your categories and items…

once we have a fairly healthy set of lists, we’ll toss up the corresponding polls and get to voting! :+1:

5 Likes

My only concern with this is that some of these - particularly animals - require a fair bit more work, due to the need to animate them.

Now that that’s out of the way, how best to choose what to submit to @Tom? I’m thinking it might be best perhaps to do something like this for him:

“Okay, cats & dogs won, but crops were a close third, and in particular wheat and potatoes.”

It’ll give @Tom more leeway in what we demand he creates he can do each time, which I’m thinking he might appreciate :wink: .

4 Likes

I would love to see some yaks :slight_smile:
But if animals would be a lot of work as @Teleros said. I would really like to see: corn, different flower patches and beech.

3 Likes

Decorations

• stone wall
  • hedge
  • street lights
  • flowerbed

Furniture

• double bed
4 Likes

indeed… and the examples i provided were simply in alphabetical order (as opposed to user preference)… but as @sdee indicated (the rule of thund bit), as long as its primarily Qubicle related, with “little to no code”, it’s fair game… :smile:

well thats the beauty of having multiple categories, with each representing an individual poll… we can (eventually) submit several lists, each representing the communities preference for that particular doodad type…

@Tom then has a large sample set of “data” from which to draw inspiration… :wink:

1 Like

Yak would be cool maybe in the future add the possibility to mount them and make a little buff for mountain biome over the standard horse. Add something that could be implemanted without coding but would required future code to be complete like horse is in the fair game contract ? ^^

Portaining to my Halloween thread.

Animals

• Alpacas
  • Bats
  • Wisps

Mobs

• Skeletons
  • Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Titan

Decorations

• Scarecrow
  • Jack-o-Lantern
  • Skeleton Skull
3 Likes

Decorations
Stone Statue
Fur to be hung on wall like trophy
Stuffed animal, not toy, but like a model to be shown off

3 Likes

Haloween decorations that precedence. After that:

Decorations
Fireplace
Flowerbeds
Shutters

Crops/Plants
Carrot
Potatoes
Tomatoes

4 Likes

Animals-
YAKS YAKS YAKS YAKS
boars

Crops/Plants-
lavender
Pumpkin
Sugar cane
soy beans
cassava

2 Likes

Terrain

• Water (still for starters and rivers sometime in the future)

Building / Carpentry

• Stairs
  • Wooden block (for making a base for stairs etc.)
  • Guard Post (to assign footmen to a spot)
  • Doubledoors (maybe arched)
  • Well (when water and drinking implemented)

Animals

• Fish -> fishing
  • Cats
  • Mice (eating food if left out in open)
  • Dogs (to scare away goblins)
  • Birds (feathers for arrows)

Ok, i got little carried away and forgot about the need for animating but here are few items and uses I’d like to see myself :smiley:

4 Likes

They said that water would be quite hard to code. :slight_smile:
But a well would be cool though (or something like that)

2 Likes

Wells shouldn’t need water implemented yet, but actual water is for the other poll thread - this is stuff that’s easy to do :smiley: .

2 Likes

indeed! remember the rule of thumb: can be completed in Qubicle with little to no code required…

loving all the Halloween themed suggestions too… scarecrows and jack-o-lanterns would be sweet! :+1:

2 Likes

Decorations:

• Lamp post
  • Flower Pot
    -Fire places!!
    Building
    -Stairs
    -Stone walls
    -Being able to use stone in houses
    Animals
    -YAKS!!!
    -Sheep
    -Cows
    -Pigs
    -Chickens

=D

4 Likes

What if they were to release a new wall and roof design each playable build (not the actual shape, just the pattern) and we could vote on which of them should be implemented out of half a dozen choices or so? For now, it’d just be wooden building component pieces, but later it could include stone, metals, etc., choices.

Considering it seems like it would mostly just involve some designing, retexturing, and fitting in the existing system, I don’t think it would be too difficult…

5 Likes

I think a key thing would be two types of stairs: one for inside a house and one for outside.

1 Like

I am trying to think of things not thought of yet in these lists.

Building

Glass Windows
Fire Place
Chimney
Stone fence
Stone Building
Things to make a barn
Things you would find in a barn
Signs for each job

Everything everyone has been sharing! All great ideas.

1 Like

Animals ( to use with existing animations)

• Badger
  • Beaver
  • Wombat
  • Opossum (kind of a stretch)
  • Skunk
  • Jackalope

Animals (that may be able to work with slight changes to the animations)

• Turtle
  • Land snail
  • Iguana
  • crab
  • crayfish
  • Some sort of insect?

Crops/Plants

• water melons
  • different berries
  • tomatoes
  • Cabbage
  • Turnip
  • sunflowers

Decorations/Furniture

• garden gnome
  • arched doors
  • arched windows
  • large/long dining table
  • scarecrow
  • training dummy
  • barrel
  • counters
  • kegs

Assorted Halloweeny type things

• scarecrow
  • hay bale
  • jack-o-lantern
  • decorative headstones
  • spiders
  • wil-o-wisp
  • variation in tree leaf colour
  • candles
3 Likes

Another thing I would really like to see are some extinct creatures, many of the following could possibly be added without any change to the current animations available.

Oreodonts
Cynognathus
Entelodont: YouTube (some additional creatures in this vid)
The Dodo bird
Tasmanian Tiger (Thylacine): Tasmanian Tiger\/ thylacine combined footage
Kannemeyeria
Moa Bird
Arthropleura: First Life with David Attenborough- Giant Millipede

I think I’ll leave it at that, but there are a lot of very interesting animals that are no longer with us. Giving them some life in a game would, to me at least, be an exceptional little easter egg for anyone who is interested in this stuff. Added a few videos for some additional info.

1 Like