Mystic Merchant

So yesterday i finished watching the streams that i’d missed and when @Tom showed us the future Merchant mechanic i could only think of a mystic merchant, so let me explain.

So once your city is very prosperous and working properly a mystic merchant will enter your town and his convoy will contain few items but ones that are rare, so they could be named as The Greatsword of Daskulmere but could actually just be a rusty cracked bronze sword while The Magnificent Greatmace could be a Mythic hammer. So in theory they all have great names but some of them are worse then wooden swords but some are weapons crafted by Cid. Any further developments would be appreciated

5 Likes

I’d enjoy the potential for specific items–the one thing that would be necessary is some mechanic to maintain individual inventories (and not be too imposing to the gameplay; for the currently-expected 60-70 max hearthlings, I don’t think it would be). A good game I remember with similar combat gameplay and size of Stonehearth was Little King’s Story for the Wii, for a comparison (the only difference being a limited total number of collectable custom items and armor).

1 Like

in some ways this makes me think of the game, Fate, and its gambling system. there was a trader who offered enchanted weapons, however when you were buying them you didnt know the enchantments. after a weapon was purchased you would then see whether you got a really good enchantment or a really bad enchantment.

2 Likes

so i decided to just… kinda… necro this topic… as i still love the thought of enchantments and, as i described above, a “gamble” shop where you can buy randomly enchanted weapons.

for some reason i feel slightly evil by doing this…

3 Likes

That would be a good way to incorporate some of the awesome-looking custom weapons I occasionally see people post.

2 Likes

This title immediately reminded me of the merchant from Resident Evil 4:
“Hello there… Stranger. What are you buyin?”

Shrouded in Mysteries, as well as mysterious items, the caravan shall set up shop beside the town flag, and begin to sell items to You, or randomly to the Hearthlings. Say, one of your Workers approaches the Merchant, they talk to him then… POOF, their brown hair, is now a hot pink, and whatever items were in the hearthlings inventory (Excluding already rare items and equipment) have now been ‘traded’ for their new aesthetic look.

1 Like

though i like the idea, i’m not ure that TR will be accepting models from the community to put in the game, thats what modding id for :wink:

[quote=“Gance, post:6, topic:10382”]
This title immediately reminded me of the merchant from Resident Evil 4:“Hello there… Stranger. What are you buyin?”
[/quote]haha, nice comparison

[quote=“Gance, post:6, topic:10382”]
Shrouded in Mysteries, as well as mysterious items, the caravan shall set up shop beside the town flag, and begin to sell items to You, or randomly to the Hearthlings. Say, one of your Workers approaches the Merchant, they talk to him then… POOF, their brown hair, is now a hot pink, and whatever items were in the hearthlings inventory (Excluding already rare items and equipment) have now been ‘traded’ for their new aesthetic look.
[/quote]an interesting thought indeed… though that makes me think more of a witch of some kind :laughing: