Music! Nine themes for Stonehearth [New track: What May Come!]

seconded… i need some more tracks to listen to while coding… :wink:

2 Likes

Wait Sir @SteveAdamo what are you exactly coding If I may ask?
P.S. Deeply Sorry If this is Rude!!!

no, not rude at all… :smiley:

and my apologies on the derailment… im just toying around with my little pet project… its a rogue-like im writing in python… if you’re curious, i can pm you more information… :wink:

Oh Well Good Look on Your Pet Project @SteveAdamo !!!
P.S. ( Don’t worry a cow hit squad is not coming too get you and sorry for that)
P.S.S. (For all who read whats above you Shall not understand at all Only @SteveAdamo and I will)

@KingMooCow I’m still thinking about what to do next. I may wait until some interesting, new aspect of the game is revealed - I’d like to tailor the music to specific gameplay ideas from the devs. :smiley:

1 Like

If you aren’t working on a project and have nothing better to do, I’m sure @GrimMethod or @Moe2212’s conversions could use some music. It’d be interesting to see what you could whip up to fit their models.

That was really beautiful, I loved your music and the feeling it gave you.

1 Like

Nice idea some Romen music :smile:
@Omnus if you have time why not. You can try to make a epic romen theme :blush: but I think I don’t need music for my mod maybe for a trailer :wink: but this will be important for the distant future.

@Lum thanks, that’s very nice!

@Moe2212 your mod ideas look really awesome! It would be fun to write some music for mods once they are more fleshed out. I can see the Roman mod having some very “epic” music.

1 Like

Cool thanks. If you maybe already noticed this is my first mod so I need time to make all this. So you will have more than enought time to think about awesome music :wink:

1 Like

@Moe2212 sounds good - I’m looking forward to it.

Everyone - I’m gonna be taking a trip back home to visit my family for a week or so. I won’t be able to write any new music during this time, but I’ll be around the forums occasionally. Thanks for all the generous support! See you soon-ish! :wave:

3 Likes

Hey everyone! I’m back from good old Indiana - and back to writing some more music. I decided to try writing a piece for the title screen. In creating this music, I wanted to keep a few things in mind:

1. With a voxel game, there’s a tendency to get caught up in the “cuteness” of the art style and try to emulate that with the music, but I wanted to avoid that because it can start to sound like “Saturday morning children’s cartoons” and I think Stonehearth deserves a mature, but appropriate soundtrack.

2. I also wanted to avoid getting too “pop music” - I purposely keep drum sets, filter effects, and things like that out of the music to make sure it feels like you’re playing a fantasy/medieval game, but still has a modern feel.

3. I thought it would be neat to have the title screen music have a sense of “anticipation”, which I hope you’ll hear.

Hope you enjoy this newest one, thanks for listening!

3 Likes

Welcome back!

I can safely say I’ve missed listening to whatever you provide us with :smile:

Loving the new piece, definitely has that hopeful feel to it.

My only criticism (not really a criticism as I have little musical knowledge) is that the horns at the beginning sound too ‘sharp’? Or a bit too abrupt? Just my thoughts on it anyway!

indeed, welcome back @Omnus:smiley:

this absolutely gives me the feeling of setting off on my journey… very nicely done! :+1:

i would have to parrot @Geoffers747’s comments about the opening horns though… i understand the need to start off strong, and lead into the rest of the track, but up to about 00:25, the horns are very “strong”…

in comparison to when they are re-introduced around 00:40, which to me sound better…

then again, i havent a shred of musical talent, so take my comments with all sorts of salty grains… :tongue:

1 Like

This song is really relaxing and it would be perfect for the game. I can hear this in a loop and it wouldn’t bother me.

wow, great job! i really like the swamp and Underground one.

1 Like

I like them all of them, they where all amaing.

1 Like

Thanks @Smith, I’m glad you enjoyed them.

It looks like the devs may have gone a certain direction with the music already, and I have been working on other projects. Nevertheless, I’ll keep the music up on YouTube for the time being!

Cheers!

1 Like

Hm… if I did understand it right, in one of the last live-streams Tom mentioned, that they did not decide yet on the music. But not sure on that one.

i dont recall this being mentioned either… i also dont recall anything specific about the music for beta, which is approaching in a measly four months… :wink: