Multi-Story Buildings

Not really sure, to be honest. I suppose I was thinking something to commemorate our first successful castle in Stonehearth. As for actual ideas, I can’t think of anything particular! Maybe “First Castle Lord”? I was hoping either you or @DaniAngione might have had some possibilities, that sounds a bit pretentious.

1 Like

Or, maybe… maybe…

Second Mountainous! :wink: :persevere:

lol, just kidding :smiley:

How about “Castle Architect”?

Also, I should call you guys “The Founding Fathers of Stonehearth Building”.

2 Likes

http://cache.lego.com/r/www/r/movie/-/media/franchises/the%20lego%20movie/explore/characters/characters%20-%20details/vitruvius.jpg?l.r=-2065465193

1 Like

I don’t get it.

1 Like

It’s Vitruvius, the guy from the LEGO Movie that is always talking about the “Master Builders” :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, since we’re here and since this is going to be a LONG week for me… (film shooting) and I probably won’t get to finish The Tower of Cid… I suppose I’ll just leave a small teaser :wink:

11 Likes

Never really liked that movie.

Good job! :+1:

1 Like

Dear God.

It looks like it was unfathomably time-consuming. Well, patience has been the name of our game so far…

I actually had another idea I wanted to try and make before Tuesday, but my schedule caught up with me. I suppose I’ll leave you guys in suspense for a little while longer…

5 Likes

Truly was. And… lol… Those are like… the first steps :stuck_out_tongue: Lots of crashes, no red walls of errors yet, though, so… So far, so good!

3 Likes

Aside from Imgur, you know you can just drag a pic into the reply window to have it uploaded, right? Those ad-infested download sites are a pain :wink: .

Anyway, not bad :slight_smile: . Saw the 3rd panel before I read the text below it was thinking “yup, tower (of bugs) complete” :smiley: .

1 Like

I think it should let you zoom in when you click it though. Oh well.

2 Likes

I am honestly at a loss here, trying to imagine the time and patience required for these builds …

oh, and I’m really digging the “Master Builder” title… :wink:

3 Likes

@DaniAngione and @Atralane I challenge you to build this. It very well may be impossible, but if you create a gate like that you are an incredible buillder/exploiter. =D Good luck!

2 Likes

I hereby humbly accept the title of “Master Builder”!

Hopefully either tonight or tomorrow, I can try my hand at a couple of the ideas I have.

maybe. Just maybe. It works with a few of the concepts, so, we’ll have to see.

3 Likes

I think it’ll work best with fences if you can do that, or you can lay out flooring to make it look like a gate.

1 Like

starts drafting

Oh, real life, why do you have to make me so busy?

4 Likes

Nothing special, I just decided to see how high I could go before something broke :stuck_out_tongue: . A slight mishap with the floor delete tool (basically, it likes to delete things below the house you’re designing etc) tore up half the floors, but the real issue I think was the pathfinding*, which as per the bottom of the screenshot, did not like this kind of thing at all. So, six floors + ground floor later, and all my hearthlings are hanging around at the base of the tower refusing to work :frowning: .

*Paging @not_owen_wilson et al, because it’s another example of the need for a pathfinding code overhaul :slight_smile: .

8 Likes

well, you’ve made quite the impressive structure… well done! :smile: :+1:

or are they simply scared of heights? are you providing adequate safety gear? will they be compensated for medical bills sustained from accidental falls?

5 Likes

Really cool stuff going on here. i say a Stonehearth build guild should be made.

1 Like

Cracks knuckles

I’ll give 'em “scared of heights”…

Wanders off to find a trebuchet

6 Likes