Mstony - Creations

Nothing more to add. Excellent first model. I look forward to seeing what else you can produce! :tophat::ok_hand:

1 Like

Like everyone else this is an awesome first model. I’m definitely looking forward to what you show us in the future!

1 Like

Here is a fast creation, I try too found the good terms for explain it but I think I’m wrong, so this a “training puppet” for the military training, I did it for make an animation with my previous character but I have some problem to render a character with Blender

This is rad as hell!
I love the first render of it, it looks beautiful :grin:

1 Like

You should have a metal stand, like the wood base, then the ‘legs’ as a metal?

1 Like

@Azhrak Thanks for your comment, I choose to do the training dummy (not sure is the good word) all in wood for the main reason that is need to be a low cost item, its job its to be hit and the probably destroyed with time. In medieval times, the metal have more value than wood so for create a cheap training dummy they used wood, hay and some clothe/fabric. I don’t want the model have a lot of detail because I think is a kind of background element.

Ah fair enough then, it looks great none the less :grin:

its perfect for a training dummy… nothing ornate, just a solid piece of wood, used to hone your sword wielding skills…

great stuff! this will definitely makes its way into the game as a mod… :wink:

1 Like

Here is a new creation with a little bit more detail than the dummy, but just few amount of detail. This is suppose to be a Minotaur, I try to make him with a lot of muscle but I don’t really like the final result. I don’t like the horn, the shoulder look more like the head of an hammer and the skin color is too much flat at my opinion.

It took me 5 hours to do this and now, I will focus on a bigger project, would probably take all my week-end, I hope…

6 Likes

he needs a BIG axe
I love him! He definitely deserves a titan status :stuck_out_tongue:
ps. you should help me make a mod based from a game :smiley:

1 Like

um, you’re kidding, right? this guy looks fantastic! i think he fits almost perfectly with the SH theme… i have nothing to complain about, or any real constructive criticism, except perhaps to extend the muzzle a fraction?

but man, this guys looks great!

1 Like

I’ll start off by saying he looks great. But because I’m fun like this I shall point out a few (very much) minor critiques.

His horns are a tad curved for SH, but I’m not too sure how you would change them whilst them still reading as such, I wouldn’t mess with them. However the shading on the ends of them is perhaps a bit too detailed and looks a little like when Paint/Photoshop decide to be ‘helpful’ and shade for you :godmode: perhaps pick 1 or maybe 2 colours and shade it from the tip, if you know what I mean? So like the very end is black and then either leave it like that, or make the whole row of voxels below it a lighter shade and then white beneath.

My biggest issue though would have to be his flatness. He’s thicker than normal humans, no? Well with this I think he needs to be 3Ded out a bit, push some things out, expand him out a bit. I wanna see how you do this without ‘cubert-ing’ it, as I wouldn’t know how to do it myself. It’s just very revealing, to me at least, on the 2nd picture that he’s really quite flat.

But again, great models! I only say these things because you made comments about them and I wanna help you make these even better! :smile:

2 Likes

Good job, @MStony! :smiley:
As @SteveAdamo says, it fits very well with Stonehearth.

1 Like

Here is a little Sneak Peak/Preview of my weekend project, it’s still in progress and it’s only a part of the project. I currently work 8 hours in this project and I’m not done with it.

5 Likes

well, what are you doing wasting time posting here? back to work! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I’m done with my project, now its render time! And there is another Sneak Peak/Preview

I like make sneakpeak

4 Likes

There it is, approximately 16 hours of works, I don’t put sound because… I don’t have sound and the free library on the internet is not really good (at my opinion). If you want to do video like that I propose you to read some post from @voxel_pirate like this one.

Video link

They have a lot of problems and fix to do with this video, I worked hard on it but they still have a lot of fix to do.The guy who make the animation in StoneHearth is really awesome and I respect him a lot for what he do.I’m not gonna do it again for a long time because its need a lot of work and I have a big learning curve to do for have a result wich i’m satisfied.

4 Likes

Nicely done. I have to agree that there is a lot to learn about all this stuff like animations… but it is also quite some fun and a rewarding experience (at least from my point of view). Especially with the animations I think the work will become a bit easier once we hit the release. We will be able to take a look into the animations done by Tom and learn a bit from that.

1 Like

Very impressive. Certainly a lot better than any of my early attempts at animating.

1 Like

at first glance, the practice sword looked like it was actually the training dummy’s leg, as if it were arching backwards, and kicking out towards the unit… :smile:

but man, i absolutely loved that video… even the opening animation was nice… the arrow in the knee/look on the units face was priceless… keep at it, your skills is quite impressive!

1 Like