Light flashes on day/night transition

Summary: This one was mentioned before, but I thought it would be good to have a separate topic for it. Sometimes when transitioning from day to night (and perhaps also from night to day?), you get a brief flash of light. Not sure why it happens sometimes and not other times.

Attachments:
19:57

Versions and mods: No mods, latest release version in Steam at the time of writing, version 0.1.0 (release 122) according to the title screen.

System information:
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-3450 CPU @ 3.10GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
DirectX-version: DirectX 11
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

3 Likes

Also occurs when lighting the campfire.

12:08 transition flash. 12:14 campfire flash. 22:03 transition flash. 22:09 campfire flash. 29:01 transition flash. 29:10 campfire flash.

Still in R166, but I never noticed it for the day/night transition, just for lighting campfires. As a result, I think that maybe the day/night transition flash also is related to the lighting, as in the video in the OP, that’s when the lights I had placed in my town automatically lit up. The light flash around a fire or lamp seem to be local, but maybe the effect appeared global because I had lamps spread all over my town.

Examples at approximately 5:44, 6:51, 7:27, 14:11.

Oh god you did it again O_o

Living up to your title that is :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Was about time, too, right? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Just when I try to put order to those bug reports, there’s still a flood of feedback coming -.-

But, as you said, the updates are coming closer now, so there’s less time =)

I think I have to merge one thread to this one, I hope I can find it, it’s probably buried deep in the list…

1 Like

I’ve tried to find relevant posts as much as possible. There’s one linked in the OP in this thread, although not a mergeable one I think, so probably not the one you were thinking of.

1 Like

Braziers in r180 seem to cause a flash when turning to night. Not sure about r183 though.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Black Screen only a little showing? :frowning:

mine not only flashes at the transition, i keep getting bright flashes all night from light sources