Items placed after loading (but designated before saving) not selectable after placement

Title: Items placed after loading (but designated before saving) not selectable after placement

Summary: Before saving my game, I had some bed placements designated for a while that my workers didn’t seem very inclined to attend to. Whether this was in itself some issue, or just the effect of their being busy on other things, I don’t know. At any rate, when I reloaded the game, they went to place them shortly, but I found the items slightly discolored after being placed, and non-selectable. I haven’t yet checked if they do get used as normal beds.

Steps to reproduce: Assuming it’s unrelated to an underlying issue that’s keeping them from placing them in the first place, it’d be:

• Have beds (or, presumably, some other item) placed in the world;
  • Immediately (before your workers get to placing the beds/items) save the game;
  • Load the game and observe the placement of the beds/items.

Attachments:

Starting at ±0:38. You can’t be sure from the video (EDIT: actually, I think maybe you can kind of hear), but I am indeed clicking on the newly placed bed(s), unable to select them. The bed that was placed earlier (obviously of a different color although they are both Mean Beds) is selectable with no issue.

Versions and mods: No mods, latest release version in Steam at the time of writing, version 0.1.0 (release 99) according to the title screen.

System information:

• Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-3450 CPU @ 3.10GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
  • Memory: 8192MB RAM
  • DirectX-version: DirectX 11
  • Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
1 Like

on the bug hunt rampage again, and this time with video evidence! new and improved @Phagocytosis! :smile:

well done sir… well done indeed… :+1:

2 Likes

Alright, it still occurs in this new release. Same thing: designated before saving, placed after loading. I think you can even see evidence that the bed was being carried at the time of saving/loading (a diligent worker is approaching it just before I move the camera away at 15:42 (shortly before saving/loading)). After loading, at 16:18, she’s carrying it over to be placed. I notice the issue at 18:21. Note that it becomes selectable again after saving and loading again, at 44:33, although it remains slightly discolored. I attempt to replace it at 50:44 to discover that there’s a blueprint still underneath it, leading me to suspect that it’s related to these kinds of issues, and it’s brighter because it’s an object and a blueprint overlapping. Presumably, something goes wrong with the blueprints when saving/loading after designating but before placing, or perhaps more specifically when a citizen is on their way to place an item.