Item sometimes not moved short distances

Summary: Sometimes my workers don’t move a previously placed item if the destination is too close to the original destination. I’ve experienced this previously with tables that I placed so close as to cause one of them to float up as per the well-known gravity without physics issue, and again in my last game when I had my chair accidentally placed facing the wrong direction. In the former case, I moved the table over one spot so that it would stop floating; in the latter case, I moved it to the same place again but facing a different direction. In both cases, nobody would come to move the item until I had it moved over a bit further away, then move it back. The only thing I can come up with is that it is related to distance somehow.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Place an item;
  2. Move the item to the same spot or one tile away or so.

Attachments:
Designated chair to be moved (turned) at 9:16. Still wasn’t moved at 16:25, at which point I designated it to be moved a bit further away. It was moved at 17:13 (and probably would have been moved a bit sooner than that still if it hadn’t been used for eating before that). I then moved it back immediately and this was done at 17:29.

Versions and mods: No mods, latest release version in Steam at the time of writing, version 0.1.0 (release 122) according to the title screen.

System information:
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-3450 CPU @ 3.10GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
DirectX-version: DirectX 11
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

1 Like