Moving placed item bug

Having trouble moving placed items to a different location.

Steps to reproduce:

1. command your hearthlings to move a few items to a different location.

Expected Results:
Hearthlings will move all items highlighted to be moved to a different spot.
Actual Results:
Hearthlings will move items to a different location, however there will sometimes be 1 or 2 items that just won’t ever get moved to the location specified. Hearthlings just won’t do it, they will just continue to do other things and leave this 1 or 2 items.
Notes:
Trying to choose a different location for the item will sometimes work and sometimes its just like the item itself is bugged and won’t ever get moved to any location. I am assuming replacing this item into your stock pile and then placing it down will fix this. However, still is an annoying bug sort of issue.
Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use:
Zero mods, Current version of todays date.
System Information:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, @Huehuehue :slight_smile:

Do you have a savefile where this issue is happening?
To upload a savefile:

1. Find the save folder for the saves you wish to upload. By default, they are located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games (assuming a default Steam install).
  2. Zip the folder.
  3. Right click the folder (should be a long set of numbers).
  4. Left click on Send to in the menu that appears.
  5. Left click on `Compressed (Zipped) folder).
  6. (Optional) Rename the folder to something different than the default set of numbers.
  7. Upload the save.
  8. If the zip is less than 10 MB, you can upload it directly. Either use the upload button or drag and drop it into the compose window,
  9. If larger than 10 MB, upload it to a cloud storage site like Dropbox, Google Drive, File Dropper, etc. and post the sharing link here.

The other day I saw something similar happening, but I wasn’t able to reproduce it.

1 Like

Comfirmed this bug happens A LOT.

Best way I found of it happening…

Build a floor/path

Have the little guys build it.

While little guys run around building it place an item on the floor (A bunch of items work better)

Usually 1-2 items won’t get moved and the icon saying there being moved vanishes.

However i have found out how to fix it, Simply PICK the item up and move it to storage, Then the little guys remember that it has to go else where.

I see. We don’t support modifying a building while it is being built, since placing furniture on that floor will make it pertain to the building template, so there are some glitches with that at the moment. However, on design mode or after it finishes building you can place furniture on it perfectly fine.

Hopefully when the building editor is worked on again, this bug will be fixed.

1 Like

I believe I am experiencing this same bug in the release 763 build. I have noticed this behavior in a couple of instances, but I have figured out a way to reproduce it reliably with Crates and a big empty building. Building is complete, and not in the blueprint or building stage.

Steps to reproduce:
0. Load up the save, and wait until after the daily report, as everyone it too busy doing other things before that. Like Breakfast.

1. Pause game
  2. Delete storage area (not 100% necessary, but more consistent).
  3. Move 10+ crates to another location. I normally do 18, due to my layout
  4. Unpause and keep an eye out on the move arrows.

Expected Results:
Move all the crates, like the diligent little hearthlings they are.

Actual Results:
Some will be moved like normal. Some will ghost out, removing the move icon, but leaving the location waiting for a new item. Some will remove the move icon, and place a different crate out of inventory in the target location. The ghost box will only stay there while you do not have a matching item in inventory.

Notes:
It seems this happens specifically when the item is scheduled for move, and also interaction, such as putting items inside. This is why removing the storage lot makes it more consistent. My stockpile is nearly 400 unites strong. Additionally, I have 6 generic workers available, and the stockpile is only a few steps away from the building. I have no idea if the building is required, but building a warehouse is how I discovered the issue.

Attachments:
Discourse won’t let me upload it directly. So here is the link. Scenario is as described above.
Save Game Upload

Versions and Mods:
Alpha 22.5 Release 763 (x64). No mods

1 Like