Help adding human skins?

Okay, so I’ll start off saying I’ve gone through the files to the Human skins. Using Qubicle2 I opened each folder to modify the skins color and look. I wanted to make my settler to be unique. I saved each file (backing up the originals). I had hoped keeping the names the same (replacing the original male/female skins with the customized ones) would allow the .json file to read the new files and apply them. When I run a new game I just get file missing errors. Please not, I did comvert the .qcbl files of the Qubicle2 program into .qc as used by the game.

Lets me get to the point: My custom skins; how can I make them work?

1 Like

You mean into .qb, not .qc, right? How did you change the file format? Can you post the error message? If you replace the adjusted file with the original one, everything works again?

1 Like

Yes, .qb; sorry, typing too fast. Ironically, it’s pretty easy to after the file. In the main folder, I clicked to remain and changed the .---- (what’s at the end) to .qb. A .json file is the best example. change .json to .txt to view the text. Same principle. However, yes, loading the back up originals allows me to settle. I should state that I get the error message when I plant my settler flag in new game.

Error message is:

Assertion Failed: header.compression== COMPRESSION_NONE(…\source\lib\voxel\qubicl_file.cpp:67)

You have to adjust your settings in Qubicle while you are saving. Uncheck “compression”:

http://minddesk.com/wiki/index.php?title=Qubicle_Constructor_1:Modding_Stonehearth:_First_Steps

3 Likes

Hmmm, so I take it I can do nothing without getting the full version of Qubicle. :slight_smile: Money got tight, using the trail at the moment.

1 Like

yep, you cant mod stonehearth without the full version. which is a bummer, yet understandable :disappointed:

2 Likes

Ugh… ^_~;; Well, hopefully I’ll rectify the issue and get the full version today.

3 Likes

How do I change my settings, just bought the program.

Is StoneVox still around? You could try using that if it’s still useable. StoneVox 3D - Community Voxel Modeler for StoneHearth

It may or may not work 4u but it can alter your model skin textures pretty easily (again if it still works :P)

1 Like

Thanks Soul. ^^ I’m doing a basic recolor/remodel of the human skins to add dark elves and high elves. Add a lil more fantasy flair. If it works, I’ll be adding it to the site for others.

2 Likes

Depending on the version you can change the settings in the dialog-box which pops up when you press “save”.

1 Like