Hearthlings Don't Take Down Scaffolding

Maybe it is linked :

develop-3023 (x64)c++ exception: lua runtime errorstack traceback:

develop-3023 (x64)…hearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding_region.lua:412: attempt to index a nil valuestack traceback:
[C]: ?
…hearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding_region.lua:412: in function ‘_start_erasing’
…hearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding_region.lua:391: in function ‘_maybe_start_erasing’
…hearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding_region.lua:196: in function <…hearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding_region.lua:161>

stonehearth.7z (92.2 KB)

It just happened, I’ve been waiting for weeks! It happened! They took down the scaffolding! Please stand by while I commence a happy dance! I’m playing develop - 3023
Hey, as a matter of fact, next to the town alert mode button, should be a town party mode button. When pressed, the hearthlings gather in a circle and dance around the fire pit.
I am joking, by the way, but that would be pretty great.

1 Like

I have the same problem too,however,my error only happen when i custom the building,other building didnt have that error,pls tell me how to fix it!

Citizens tend to leave scaffolding there and some buildings (mostly ready templates the game has implemented) are hard to finish. Especially windows take a while to be placed and I can’t find proper places for furniture, as citizens won’t place them like they’re invalid or something.

Built the forest inn/tavern template and had to build it by command when windows were missing. I can place furniture ghosts inside it, but some of them aren’t filled. They also left few ladders there.

Summary:
Building is finished but hearthlings don’t remove ladders

Steps to reproduce:
Haven’t tried reproducing. But I designed a custom building (see screenshot + savefile)

Expected Results:
Hearthlings remove ladders after finishing a building

Actual Results:
Building is finished and hearthlings remove ladders

Attachments:

Screenshot

Savefile
Savefile.7z (3.7 MB)

Version Number and Mods in use:
No Mods
Alpha 17 (3023)

System Information:
Windows 7 64bit

I do not understand how scaffolding associates itself. I saw in a previous desktop Tuesday video where they change scaffolding to check if it needed to be build higher based on its section instead of the whole construction so I would assume that scaffolding is an entity that associates itself to something.

So I wonder why scaffolding is (forgotten) by the Hearthlings. Does it stop sending requests after a certain time?

I do not know if the scaffolding is actually associated with the building it is constructed to build. If it is I think it would be helpful if there was a timer associated with scaffolding, that was part of a completed building status. It then could check to see if the object it supports is completed and then after 5-10 minutes, if the Hearthling did not remove it, the scaffolding it would begin to auto-dissemble.

Another thing could be a function of the Congratulation! screen, which could have a button to auto remove scaffolding associated to it.

http://imgur.com/1Qz5FUz

Like this

I’m having trouble with the new tier 2 buildings.

They “finished” the blacksmiths house but left all the scaffolding.

http://puu.sh/pPJ1e/3096c026ff.png

I have a building my hearthlings will full build then half take down the scaffolding to it. there is no error but they just stop taking the scaffolding down.
I have the zip but i cannot post it as i am a new user can i get some help?
@moderators

Welcome to the forum, @gwood9001 :slight_smile:
You have enough user level, so I think you should be able to upload files now.
I merged your post here since we created this other topic for when the buildings actually built fine, but the scaffolding was not completely removed.

thank you @Relyss here is the template! herbalist 2.zip (7.3 KB)

1 Like

Hey everyone, thank you for all your builds and saves. :slight_smile: We have a new build up on steam unstable specifically targeted at this problem. :wink: Please try your buildings again. :wink:

1 Like

Same problem, they take down some but not all of the scaffolding…herbalist2nd.7z (39.5 KB)

The building shouldn’t be reported as “Complete” before all the connected scaffolding is down.

May I also suggest that the Heartlings do:

1. Ground preparation,
  2. Flooring
  3. Scaffolding/Build building
  4. Take down scaffolding
    4.5 Build ladders for 5-6
  5. Put in Windows/Doors
  6. Put in Lanterns/Other Extras
  7. Then the building is complete.

It sometimes seem like for example a box of flowers beneath a window will block the window from being built because
the earthlings aren’t smart enough to try building the window from the other side.
This way everything important is built first and then secondary options later.

Maybe all the involved workers could jump and shout Yay! or Hurray! when they are finished so you know when they consider it done.

1 Like

Question: I should have mentioned this, but did you start the building from scratch, after the update? Buildings that were partially complete before the update still use the old building code.

This fix does not, alas, fix the windows/windowboxes.

@sdee Yes, I loaded a save where the house wasn’t built yet. Then I loaded the template that was created in the previous version (if that matters) and then I built it from scratch.

1 Like

Hm, ok, good to know! :slight_smile: Templates from previous versions should work. Paging @not_owen_wilson!

@Maltavius – We took at look at your template. You’re right, it does leave scaffolding behind on the ground floor… because there are interior features which are blocking scaffolding computation. Take a look at your interior – there’s a Mean Bed wedged in one corner behind the stairs, and somehow a Wooden Lantern is actually embedded in the stairs!

I removed the bed and lantern and the building builds and the scaffolding comes down.

You should always check placement of interior items prior to building, as these can definitely interfere with building completion (including scaffolding removal) – even if they are on the inside of the building.

1 Like

That sounds more like an order of precedence building issue. So is this just a known limitation of the AI, for the moment?

Well it’s not there when I’m building it

It seems like the stairs aren’t saving their rotation and place when I save as template

This is what it looks like when placing

1 Like

Hi! Slight miscommunication here–this is indeed a building bug as Brad says; a fix is on the way. If you want to avoid it right now, just try to ensure that items that block hearthlings aren’t overlapping any scaffolding pieces. (Hearthlings are now very precise about scaffolding teardown order, and anything that gets in their way will upset them!) Moving the bed after it has been placed, for example, should work.

The rotation issue is also known (and @yshan is looking into it…)

2 Likes