Hearthlings Don't Take Down Scaffolding

This can be a huge problem. Sometimes you can get them to deconstruct it or help peeps climb down by building ladders to their location / on top of the scaffolding.

Alternately you can use the /destroy command in the console.

1 Like

i tried to deconstruct it but it would not let me even with the destroy tool ( have not tried the command screen but the tool in the tab next to harvest and mining)

The big building in the front was my second attempt to make a 2 story building ( with some changes from the first one ) and there they actually started to build more scaffolding after the building was complete.

i am planning to start over anyway so maybe than i can find something that works

1 Like

The one you are talking about only deselect items that you have set to be harvest or item you have told the Hearthling to move.

Bug still present… Absolutely annoying.

Hello @Lonarius. Which Stonehearth version are you playing?

Could you upload the template and / or the save where this bug is happening for you?

@Relyss
FileSize is too big (server_state.bin 56 MB)
Screenshot added

But happening in dev3008 and 3010.
These templates also have the issues:
http://stonehearthbuilds.esy.es/builds/build78.zip
http://stonehearthbuilds.esy.es/builds/build3.zip

ver. 3010

Here is a new save game i have (there are a couple mods installed if you need the list let me know lol) where scaffolding isnt being removed inside of buildings as well on pathways. :slight_smile:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BykeE2Q7nKK0ckNaV1NMay1uUEU

Hope this helps.

Litlle trick waiting for a better tool. I think you build the road and the side of the road at the same time. try to build them separetly next time. You’re hearthlings you can call them dumb and dumber. and many times they construct block where there is scaffolding and won’t be able to remove it then. But this road was made with 3010? Because with the 3010 issue doesn’t exist anymore. for me. They build the road and then the scaffolding appear to build the sides.

1 Like

I did have an portion of a fence not want to remove scaffolding because the hearthlings would not place a ladder to reach the build, so after manually placing the ladder they continued and completed the build but did not remove the scaffolding. maybe this is a related bug

Yea this was just yesterday after 3010. true i could do it that wayXD will do that next time.

I’ve generated several new games to see if this is a reliable issue in Alpha 17 dev. 3013. While I can build the template for the dining hall perfectly, the shared sleeping quarters does not complete properly. The building appears complete with windows, doors, furniture, roof, but scaffolding remains and the hearthlings are actually entering/leaving the building via this scaffolding and climbing through the roof. I tried to do a custom building with beds and have the same issue.

Steps to reproduce:

1. New save
  2. Make sure you have a carpenter and wood
  3. Build Shared Sleeping Quarters building template

Prior to dev 3008 this was not an issue and all buildings were completed as expected, dev 3010 and 3013 seem to have this building issue

I don’t have any mods installed and given the buildings worked in previous versions and I made sure to have new saves after the dev releases there shouldn’t be any version conflicts.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, @Adenia.
I’ve merged your topic here. Thanks for reporting! :smile:

1 Like

Thank you, @Relyss! I didn’t search sufficiently, I gather. My apologies!

Don’t worry, lately the forum has been flooded with bug reports, sometimes it’s hard to find what you’re searching for :sweat_smile:

I’m glad that people report the bugs even if they have already been reported, this way we can easily confirm them and the devs can tackle them faster :slight_smile:

1 Like

Got the same issue here:

Seems to me there is often an issue when you build near an edge or if the upper floor overhangs the lower. The building to the right, a tower, did get built without scaffolding being left but only after 3 tries.

Hearthlings don’t undeploy scaffoldings:

Steps to reproduce:

1. Build a house
  2. Build an other house while, gather lot of wood

Expected Results:
Hearthlings undeploy scaffoldings for the first house
Both encountered from saved/loaded games and/or from new games.

Actual Results:
Hearthlings don’t undeploy scaffoldings for the first house

Notes:
Sometimes save and load will debug the situation
Only met with two-storey house and having access to the main floor and second floor.

Attachments:
savegame
1466763579199.zip (7.0 MB)
stonehearth.log (16.7 KB)

Version Number and Mods in use:
No mods, Latest Alpha 17 minimaly tested. Develop-3023.

System Information:
Win 10 Family 64 bits
Intel Core i7-4510U 2.00Ghz
8Go Ram

I have this problem even with the standard houses from each faction.

Right now it’s either IB or be prepared to destroy tons of ladders and scaffolding. Hell, if they would just take down the ladders I could live with that. Scaffolding is easy. 900 ladders to remove makes me wanna send my hearthlings against a harmless bunny with no “holy handgrenade” to save them.

2 Likes

May not be much scaffolding in my case, but even with a reload and game restart they refuse the rest of scaffolding.

Template:
stonewood armory shortwall f.zip (19.7 KB)

I am guessing they don’t like the indent around the building. Of course that does not explain why they left the backside alone; as that is feasibly within reach.

A17 2023 I think… What ever the last one released this week was.

1 Like