Hearthlings Don't Take Down Scaffolding

To add to @not_owen_wilson’s comment – @Maltavius if you remove the bed and lantern prior to building, everything works out fine (including scaffolding teardown); you can always go back in later and place the items after completion. And as noted, a fix is on the way…

3 Likes

So basically if the Hearthlings did build in the order I specified above this wouldn’t happen

1. Ground preparation,
  2. Flooring
  3. Scaffolding/Build building
  4. Take down scaffolding
  5. Build ladders for 6-7
  6. Put in Windows/Doors
  7. Put in Lanterns/Other Extras
  8. Then the building is complete.
1 Like

I have actually been having the exact same issue. This building has done for a while and through save/reload a few times hasn’t fixed as well. (At one point a few towns back save/reload did seemingly fix the issue.)

Here is my save as well if you want to look at that.

Grace.zip (8.2 MB)

Edit: I know you did offer a solution, this is just more info on it (if you wanted it). This is kinda a throwaway town but this is probably the 3rd time I’ve run into this bug so if you wanted more examples. I’m sure you have enough >.> hehe

@Matthew_Seagle Thanks for the save. Can you post a copy of the template for this building? Also, did you build that building fresh in release 572? Or was it already in progress?

I’m guessing you will be happy to know this is a 100% fresh build started with no mods and completely updated. No version straddling or anything. :slight_smile: twostorypersonporch.zip (40.4 KB)

@Matthew_Seagle et al – we’ve made some additional fixes and have tested your template with them – they now build fine and scaffolding is removed; a new unstable build with these improvements will be out shortly…

3 Likes

not sure if i should put this in this topic as I am assuming this is to do with scaffolding aswell from my basic knowledge XD

release-582 (x64)[M] invalid key to 'next' stack traceback: radiant/modules/common.lua:237: in function 'report_traceback' radiant/modules/common.lua:248: in function <radiant/modules/common.lua:242> [C]: in function 'next' ...onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:1456: in function '_compute_scaffolding_worker' ...onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:1428: in function 'fn' radiant/controllers/nonpersistent_timer.lua:56: in function 'fire' radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:82: in function <radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:82> [C]: in function 'xpcall' radiant/modules/common.lua:257: in function 'xpcall' radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:82: in function 'set_now' radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:103: in function 'increment_now' radiant/modules/timer.lua:13: in function 'instance' radiant/modules/events.lua:227: in function <radiant/modules/events.lua:221> [C]: in function 'xpcall' radiant/modules/common.lua:257: in function 'xpcall' radiant/modules/events.lua:221: in function 'trigger' radiant/modules/events.lua:290: in function '_trigger_gameloop' radiant/modules/events.lua:338: in function '_update' radiant/server.lua:62: in function <radiant/server.lua:58>

well it looks like a function error due to the effect fire, but I am not an expert at reading the error as I would like to be. I definitely see the call in the ‘_compute_scaffolding_worker’ With the tags like ‘set_now’ and ‘increment_now’ so I am wondering if the scaffolding is being built next to an object that has a fire effect like a brazier or workbench (such as the masons or blacksmith) as I still notice issues some time when there are objects that occupy space that scaffolding is wanting to be placed. I have not had any issues with scaffolding so far in the 582 build but its release is still early.

At that stage i didnt have anything in construction so I am unsure where it came from lol

Maybe it was a hold over from a previous building that didn’t get flushed out of the loop properly and then finally tried to execute (totally wild guessing on my part, just trying to think outside the cube) Also was this a save from the previous build or a fresh start?

Summary:

Steps to reproduce:

1. Try to build the structure in the attachments.
  2. Hope for the hearthlings to finally take down the scaffolding on a custom building.
  3. Have your hopes and dreams be crushed.

Expected Results:
It would build and be a beautiful building and grade-A diner.
Actual Results:
It diddly didn’t take down the scaffolding
Notes:
I’m pretty sure its because the dome at the top is hollow but when I destroyed the ladders and scaffolding in there with the console, they still didn’t take down the rest of the scaffolding.
Attachments:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwnxxOA_LwHVTkY3WmFnZ2l1UlU
Version Number and Mods in use:
Alpha 17, release 593 and the thing in my steam library says [latest]

no mods in use

I’m just leaving a note here, although it seems to have been manually solved:
http://discourse.stonehearth.net/t/ladders-remain-after-building-is-complete-cannot-remove-ladders/24498?u=relyss