Footman Promotion Bug

Summary:
EDIT: Added Engine Error. See below.
Town with more than 10 hearthlings. Not sure if that’s relevant, but the issue did not appear until then. I had one footman already, and I attempted to promote a second. The promotion appeared to complete fine, but in the therapist UI, only the person’s job icon had changed, but it was still labelled as a worker. Interestingly, it’s job type assignments had been cleared entirely. After this happened, it appears to no longer be possible to instruct a militia party to attack targets, defend an area, etc. It may still be working, but the icons that appear when you do this are not visible anymore.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Promote one hearthling to footman
  2. Grow your town to more than 10 hearthlings (anecdotal)
  3. Promote a second hearthling to footman
  4. Attempt to use the Party task buttons (attack target, etc)

Notes:
To ensure this wasn’t just a broken UI issue that would correct itself with a reload, I saved, and reloaded the save. I then retested and observed the same result. So, this issue should be reviewable in my save (see link below). The hearthling in question in named Poni Mavel. To see if this was limited to Poni, I downgraded her to a worker, and promoted someone else. That’s when I got the engine error, which I believe happened the first time too, but was obscured by the water related engine error I reported in a different post earlier this evening.

Engine Error:

develop-2786 (x64)
radiant/modules/entities.lua:287: attempt to call method ‘get_id’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/common.lua:165: in function ‘get_id’
radiant/modules/entities.lua:287: in function ‘get_world_grid_location’
…t_server_commands/combat_server_commands_service.lua:510: in function ‘handle_party_addition’
stonehearth/components/party/party_component.lua:123: in function ‘add_member’
stonehearth/jobs/footman/footman.lua:53: in function ‘fn’
stonehearth/components/job/job_component.lua:100: in function ‘_call_job’
stonehearth/components/job/job_component.lua:246: in function ‘promote_to’
…s/server/town/orchestrators/promote_orchestrator.lua:71: in function ‘_change_job’
…s/server/town/orchestrators/promote_orchestrator.lua:22: in function ‘_trigger_cb’
radiant/modules/effects/trigger_effect.lua:14: in function ‘fn’
radiant/controllers/nonpersistent_timer.lua:56: in function ‘fire’
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:82: in function <radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:82>
[C]: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:82: in function ‘set_now’
radiant/modules/gamestate.lua:9: in function ‘set_now’
radiant/server.lua:61: in function <radiant/server.lua:58>

Screenshot

Expected Results:
Two footman

Actual Results:
One footman, one worker, and one confused UI.

Attachments:
Save Game

Version Number and Mods in use:
Alpha 14, Dev 2786, Vanilla

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Attempt to call method ‘get_id’ (a nil value) - handle_party_addition