Attempt to call method 'get_id' (a nil value) - handle_party_addition

I have the same with the farms and a engine error. This is day 2 or 3, I have lots of screen shots to show enemies and the farms.

The error;

develop-2786 (x64)
radiant/modules/entities.lua:287: attempt to call method ‘get_id’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/common.lua:165: in function ‘get_id’
radiant/modules/entities.lua:287: in function ‘get_world_grid_location’
…t_server_commands/combat_server_commands_service.lua:510: in function ‘handle_party_addition’
stonehearth/components/party/party_component.lua:123: in function ‘add_member’
stonehearth/jobs/footman/footman.lua:53: in function ‘fn’
stonehearth/components/job/job_component.lua:100: in function ‘_call_job’
stonehearth/components/job/job_component.lua:246: in function ‘promote_to’
…s/server/town/orchestrators/promote_orchestrator.lua:71: in function ‘_change_job’
…s/server/town/orchestrators/promote_orchestrator.lua:22: in function ‘_trigger_cb’
radiant/modules/effects/trigger_effect.lua:14: in function ‘fn’
radiant/controllers/nonpersistent_timer.lua:56: in function ‘fire’
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:82: in function <radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:82>
[C]: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:82: in function ‘set_now’
radiant/modules/gamestate.lua:9: in function ‘set_now’
radiant/server.lua:61: in function <radiant/server.lua:58>

Screenshots;

I have saves before the error and after the error. I don’t have a zip file program in my computer, I don’t know how to upload a save, and my computer specs are posted on this board under a AI error post made by me.

To zip a folder in windows you don’t need a program, windows can do it. Right click on the folder, chose “send to” and then chose “compact folder”. Or something very similar to this (my windows is not in english).

To upload here, there is an icon when you are creating a post to upload a file. Or you can also drag the file from windows to your post.

1 Like

Hey there @littlecats, moved this into its own post, as the error appears to be promotion/footman related, not farming.

Assuming you are playing on Windows (the only currently supported OS), you can create a zip right from the Windows interface.

1. Find the save folder for the saves you wish to upload. By default, they are located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games (assuming a default Steam install).
  2. Zip the folder.
  3. Right click the folder (should be a long set of numbers).
  4. Left click on Send to in the menu that appears.
  5. Left click on `Compressed (Zipped) folder).
  6. (Optional) Rename the folder to something different than the default set of numbers.
  7. Upload the save.
  8. If the zip is less than 10 MB, you can upload it directly. Either use the upload button or drag and drop it into the compose window,
  9. If larger than 10 MB, upload it to a cloud storage site like Dropbox, Google Drive, File Dropper, etc. and post the sharing link here.
1 Like

@jomaxro

The folder shows kb sizes I don’t know the ratio of kb sizes to mb sizes… Inside the folder it shows these sizes;

client_state bin 7kb (compressed size)
metadata.json 1kb (cs)
screenshot 139kb (cs)
server_state.bin 4775kb (cs)

The other folder sizes are
10kb
1kb
182kb
4832kb

I don’t know which save is the one before the bug or the one after the bug. The after the bug would be the day and the one before the bug would be the night. But on both saves my farmers are not replanting the crops in the fields. I have two farmers. I was promoting my second footman when I got the error. Also no one has told me to upload the save, I was thinking they wanted a save showing the farmer not working the crops. So do I upload the saves or are they too big? Do I wait until one of the devs tells me to upload the saves?

Hi @littlecats
I think the save sizes are fine. You can right click the folders and say “send to -> compressed (zipped) folder” and then upload them. If you want to know which save is which, you can look at the screen shot. Please do upload the save with the bugged out footman as well as the save with the farmer not working on crops.
Thank you!
-Yang

2 Likes

Okay here they are. The one with the engine error is in the day time and the one with the crops not working is in the night time.

maybe after.zip (4.8 MB)

maybe before.zip (4.9 MB)

Okay I just loaded the game and remembered that I couldn’t make a second farmer because I didn’t have enough hearthlings at the time. I just lost my potter mason and one of my footman so I’m going to quit that game. I hope you have everything you need from the saves. I’m going to delete them from the game but the saves are on my desktop. I’m going to play a peaceful game and build things right now.

1 Like

I got this error when I was trying to change a worker into a footmen, it seems to be popping up if I have more then one opf the needed item to promote them

@yshan?

develop-2786 (x64)
radiant/modules/entities.lua:287: attempt to call method 'get_id' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	radiant/modules/common.lua:165: in function 'get_id'
	radiant/modules/entities.lua:287: in function 'get_world_grid_location'
	...t_server_commands/combat_server_commands_service.lua:510: in function 'handle_party_addition'
	stonehearth/components/party/party_component.lua:123: in function 'add_member'
	stonehearth/jobs/footman/footman.lua:53: in function 'fn'
	stonehearth/components/job/job_component.lua:100: in function '_call_job'
	stonehearth/components/job/job_component.lua:246: in function 'promote_to'
	...s/server/town/orchestrators/promote_orchestrator.lua:71: in function '_change_job'
	...s/server/town/orchestrators/promote_orchestrator.lua:22: in function '_trigger_cb'
	radiant/modules/effects/trigger_effect.lua:14: in function 'fn'
	radiant/controllers/nonpersistent_timer.lua:56: in function 'fire'
	radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:82: in function <radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:82>
	[C]: in function 'xpcall'
	radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:82: in function 'set_now'
	radiant/modules/gamestate.lua:9: in function 'set_now'
2 Likes

I know this is a late reply (had to go offline, forgot to reply), but I wanted to share the answer with you! KB and MB have a 1:1,000 ratio (or 1:1,024 if you want to be precise). KB stands for Kilobytes (which is unit for measuring digital information). The smallest unit is a bit, which is a zero or a one. A Byte is 8 bits (23). A Kilobyte is 1,024 Bytes (210). A Megabyte is 1,024 Kilobytes, or 1,048,576 Bytes (220). You can keep multiplying by 1,024 to get more sizes, like GB (gigabyte), TB (terabyte), and PB (petabyte).

1 Like

Thank you, @jomaxro for replying. I gave you a like earlier when I didn’t have time to make a post.

1 Like

Summary:
EDIT: Added Engine Error. See below.
Town with more than 10 hearthlings. Not sure if that’s relevant, but the issue did not appear until then. I had one footman already, and I attempted to promote a second. The promotion appeared to complete fine, but in the therapist UI, only the person’s job icon had changed, but it was still labelled as a worker. Interestingly, it’s job type assignments had been cleared entirely. After this happened, it appears to no longer be possible to instruct a militia party to attack targets, defend an area, etc. It may still be working, but the icons that appear when you do this are not visible anymore.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Promote one hearthling to footman
  2. Grow your town to more than 10 hearthlings (anecdotal)
  3. Promote a second hearthling to footman
  4. Attempt to use the Party task buttons (attack target, etc)

Notes:
To ensure this wasn’t just a broken UI issue that would correct itself with a reload, I saved, and reloaded the save. I then retested and observed the same result. So, this issue should be reviewable in my save (see link below). The hearthling in question in named Poni Mavel. To see if this was limited to Poni, I downgraded her to a worker, and promoted someone else. That’s when I got the engine error, which I believe happened the first time too, but was obscured by the water related engine error I reported in a different post earlier this evening.

Engine Error:

develop-2786 (x64)
radiant/modules/entities.lua:287: attempt to call method ‘get_id’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/common.lua:165: in function ‘get_id’
radiant/modules/entities.lua:287: in function ‘get_world_grid_location’
…t_server_commands/combat_server_commands_service.lua:510: in function ‘handle_party_addition’
stonehearth/components/party/party_component.lua:123: in function ‘add_member’
stonehearth/jobs/footman/footman.lua:53: in function ‘fn’
stonehearth/components/job/job_component.lua:100: in function ‘_call_job’
stonehearth/components/job/job_component.lua:246: in function ‘promote_to’
…s/server/town/orchestrators/promote_orchestrator.lua:71: in function ‘_change_job’
…s/server/town/orchestrators/promote_orchestrator.lua:22: in function ‘_trigger_cb’
radiant/modules/effects/trigger_effect.lua:14: in function ‘fn’
radiant/controllers/nonpersistent_timer.lua:56: in function ‘fire’
[C]: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:82: in function ‘set_now’
radiant/modules/gamestate.lua:9: in function ‘set_now’

Screenshot

Expected Results:
Two footman

Actual Results:
One footman, one worker, and one confused UI.

Attachments:
Save Game

Version Number and Mods in use:
Alpha 14, Dev 2786, Vanilla

1 Like

Does this error remain if you close and reopen the citizen menu?

Yes. It survives a full reload and should be reproduceable in the save. I’ve also just edited this to widen the impact this bug has when it occurs.

Edit: Or at least I had, but your edit trumped mine, I think.

1 Like

I think we are editing on top of each other. I left your last title and just removed the [A14 D2786], as I added that as a tag.

1 Like

Is it still useful to include those initially, just until you or 8bit have reviewed and added formal tags?

Yes, it is helpful (especially if people do not complete the template), but if the version is in the bug report itself, it isn’t too big of a deal.

1 Like

Note: Added Engine Error.

1 Like

Merge incoming…that engine error has been reported before!

Party 1 malfunctions once this comes up, but Party 2 seems to work.

1 Like

The footman promotion bug is now fixed in Develop-2795. Thanks @megashub for your save!

@albert, this save also has some cubemitter water region joining issues.

2 Likes