Floating second floor in building being constructed

Summary: In a two-story building I was designing, my workers built it such that the second floor was floating in the air with little to no support for a while. I figured since the game bothers to have scaffolding at all, this sort of thing should probably be taken into account, at least eventually. (Not sure if this isn’t more of a suggestion, but… ah well.)

Steps to reproduce: Probably clearest if you build a second floor that is centered above the first floor, but smaller, so that there are borders on all side of it. See video.

Attachments:
21:07

Versions and mods:
No mods; latest release version in Steam at the time of writing, version 0.1.0 (release 375), according to the title screen.

System information:
DxDiag 2015-06-07.txt (66.6 KB)

I am not sure it if floating. I can see the strong beefy ladders holding it up!

If you look at 20:58, you can see only a few ladders in the corners, which strictly speaking don’t even touch the floor above. Certainly not enough to hold it up.

Well i had a similar-ish issue where my hearthlings would build the first floor then build 1 wall of the first floor and then build the second floor + walls without finishing the walls on the first floor… it made no sense and since there is no demolish button… well i was stuck with an unfinished house with only 1 wall on the first floor (which they built only to get to the second floor).

They actually built the ladders for the walls on the second floor from the second floor because they never finished the first floor… it was just really silly… it might have been because i built it too close to the water or something silly like that cus the one wall they did build on the first floor was the one on the opposite side from the water.

I would say that’s a different issue, @AdriannaVentara, because mine wasn’t about a house not being finished, which sounds like a much more serious thing. I just think the construction, given that it uses scaffolding and all that, should be such that it makes sense to build scaffolding where they do, and not to build scaffolding where they don’t.

The more I think about it, the more I think this should be a suggestion rather than a bug report. I would move it, but I no longer can. Scratch that, I still can. I did it.