[Dev Blog] Alpha 4 Up on Steam Unstable

They steal your stuff, and then burn it up! That wood was valuable!

Also, all hail the Floating Basket of Turnips!

Edit 1: Two things.

One, if you delete the Goblin’s Burning Stockpile, an error will appear, the Goblins will stop stealing, and will just stand there forever.

Two, you can get Trapper Knives rarely when a Caravan comes over. Sometimes they will trade with you and will give you one or more Trapper Knives, which will allow you to get the Trapper Class. As we all know, the Trapper Class was removed in this version of the Alpha

1 Like

Is it weird I got a comfy bed?

Here is a terrible little bug that has been annoying me.

Whenever I start plowing the dirt on my Farm, it starts to pause and start simultaneously, going with the rhythm of the Farmer walking over to another place and plowing it. This is terrible because it takes longer to do everything, and it makes the game a bit more unstable, and since I have a low attention span, and that I get paranoid that the game is going to crash any second, this is torture for me.

I’ve been having a problem for the last few days (so I guess it’s not an alpha 4 bug). The problem is that I haven’t been able to save the game. I thought “well, with the alpha 4 release this may be fixed”, but no, it’s still there. Anyone knows how to fix it?

Some extra info: I go to the menu (esc.) then “Save game” -> “New Save” and nothing appears as it used to. Btw, I also lost all my saves before this started to hapen.

Indeedy! (I think). Locate the ‘saved games’ folder within your ‘Stonehearth’ directory and delete all the files within it. Sometimes a save file corrupts breaking the whole process, so you unfortunately need to clear it all out.You should then be able to create a new save!

Unless of course it is a new bug and you are experiencing something like this, though I’m sure there’s an explanation:

@EpicDwarf we will guide you through this obviously very troubling time. If you could help us out by just editing your previous post if nobody has posted since you to keep things tidy that would be graetly appreciated!

The reports are obviously helpful, but bear in mind this is a very unstable version, as the team have said, so a bit of patience will go a long way!

Also comments like this:

Aren’t entirely helpful at the moment :stuck_out_tongue: The team know the game needs to be optimized but right now the priorities are on getting stuff together, improvements will be made as time goes by. As always, your enthusiasm is appreciated.

5 Likes

Oh thanks a lot! I solved it deleting the files in the “saved games” folder.

4 Likes

When I was reading this, knowing you, I honestly thought you were pulling some sort of System32 troll. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Tony left some evidence as why they were taken out probably.

function ResourceCallHandler:shear_sheep(session, response, sheep)
  asset(false, "shear_sheep was broken, so i deleted it =)  -tony")
end
6 Likes

nice find! i’d say he was pretty straight-forward! :smile: :+1:

3 Likes

Blue Pill, Red Pill.

It’s clear which one you took.

1 Like

Anyway, how do I fix my game so I can continue to save my games?

Also, the Building Constructor is super unstable. I haven’t even built one house yet because it kept on doing stuff I didn’t want it to do and crash the game.

again, you’re playing an unstable build… please don’t count on being able to stay in one particular game for any great stretch of time…

describe what you’re trying to build… that may help the team determine where the tool is failing… have you tried building a simple 5x5 square house?

2 Likes

I usually try to build a medium sized house to fit all my beds, tables, and other stuff. The size I like to use is either 15 x 15 or 18 x 18.

Wohoo! Buildings! Let’s build a house and … oh wait:

Seems like my workers will have to eat birds that pass by. Oh well. Seems like the system had some problems with my walls ^^

But I already love the possibilities!

Edit: Just finished my first house (while being attacked by some goblins). Seems like my little workers want to be really safe in their houses:

Now nobody will enter from this side. Luckily there’s another door so its ok. Oh and it seems like this short scaffolding is a graphic bug.

5 Likes

Things I have learned from working on Stonehearth: there is a fine, fine, fine line between comedy gold and despair. :wink:

Thanks for all the feedback, everyone! The whole team loves hearing how you’re playing the game. :wink:

5 Likes

Well, I just tried to load a previous save and got an error box titled ‘Stonehearth Assertion Failed’ and written inside was simply the word: “result”. The game wasn’t crashed or anything, it just stayed on the loading screen making 0 progress.

If I’m honest, that’s pretty much exactly what I was expecting. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This game could be a metaphor for the futility of life。

1 Like

Wow, dat random sudden force crash when clicking the stockpile button, despite it having had no problems up until then.

p.s. coming this July, a brand new series: Trolling the Farmer! All new episodes roll out this week :slight_smile:

1 Like

What is actually the reason for doing that?

1 Like

I wasn’t there for all the discussions, but basically, we were using RHS sometimes, and LHS sometimes, across Qubicle, Max, and Horde, and so we picked one to standardize across all the systems.

3 Likes