[Dev Blog] Alpha 4 Up on Steam Unstable

What… what is that? CyberHearth :stuck_out_tongue: ? StoneTron?

3 Likes

That was just the realm of the GM. :wink:

1 Like

@EpicDwarf, please try to combine your comments, given that no one has followed your recent posts… thanks! :smile:

OK Steve! :smile:

Also, I’m afraid to open up my last Save-File. I don’t want something like this to happen again.

Also @sdee, the Goblins are incredibly unstable. Everythime they steal something, a huge error box shows up, and some other anomalies, some minor, like glowing pieces of wood, some huge, like that black error box, and some like that picture I posted, which I suspect was the work of the unstable code, which I think was triggered by the goblins.

1 Like

The error message is happening because the goblins are destroying your wood but your parent stockpile still thinks the wood belongs to it. It’s OK, it doesn’t actually hurt the game. Just close the red box and keep going :smile:

The black box happens when you click on an error in the red box; it gives us more context.

When you see the giant red box, just think that the world is crying because one piece of wood that you could/should have used to build a house is now gone forever.

I’ll make a bug for it. One reason to make new threads is because they’re easier to search that sub threads :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ok, but it seems that because of that, the game became really unstable, and that happened.

I found multiple settler messages that had the same typo.

One of you guys spelt “we’re” as whire.

Like for example “whire sorry” instead of 'we’re sorry."

Another thing, can you make it that goblins only steal from your stockpiles? It would make it easier for the footmen to defend and you wouldn’t have to lose so much resources. This is also good because footmen only defend the stockpiles, not the resources that were not picked up.

I also found out that the “New Save File” feature doesn’t work, and I deleted my last Save File.

So, i guess that I can’t save.

Very awesome release even if it’s buggy!

My stonehearthians have already developed teleporting beds. o.O If i build beds next to some old ones sometimes an old one teleports in the new on’s place. Very odd. Will have to make a bug report about this later.

ALIENS!

1 Like

Oh yeah, sometimes the wood in the settlers hands is invisible, so it looks like they are walking with their hands out in front of them.

1 Like

The one on the far left appears to have knifemouth disease。

1 Like

Two more pictures of bugs.

It seems that gold floors are available in the game.

One of mys settlers was dared by his friends to sit on the fire pit while it was on fire. Needless to say that was a bad move. Oh yeah, and there is no wood in the fire pit.

I also keep on getting this nil simple caravan error. How do you prevent this and what causes it?

1 Like

Don’t you see? HE IS THE WOOD!

1 Like

@Geoffers747 has somehow found a way to be put into the game.

1 Like

Wow you guys made my day! I was longing for it so badly. It’s 5AM here in Madrid but I’m just going to give it a try before going to bed. I’ll report any bug I may encounter.

1 Like

Oh, Radiant, you should try to find a way to optimize the game so that doesn’t take up so much of the CPU.

I took a picture of the CPU Meter on my Rainmeter Sidebar, and Stonehearth is taking 13% of the CPU.

Sometimes, it takes up around 25%.

1 Like

I’m going to try not to re-post anything, but here goes.

Feedback/Bugs (With hypothesis) so far-

• All of my workers are fighting the goblins, no damage being dealt. So all of my workers are stuck fighting an invincible goblin. I should also add, the goblin isn’t doing anything.

• The caravan is arriving event is awesome, but maybe a more visual way of saying that they want to trade, Maybe have players indicate a center building and an actual caravan appears which you can click on to initiate trading, rather than having to figure out to go into the notifications tab.

• On the same note, maybe a way to indicate that you have to go to the notifications menu to accept incoming settlers.

• Most of the time, none of my workers target the bed that I made sure to make before everything else, and just sleep on the ground. And then complain that it’s my fault.

• Sometimes, the workers will build only the first layer of roof, and then stop.(Several days in, they decided to continue in my fourth world)

• Sometimes, workers will build a large portion of a building, and then idle for very long periods, sometimes even days before continuing to build

• One of my workers building the roof began fighting the goblins - on the unfinished roof - from about a hundred meters away.

• Promoting a worker to carpenter while the carpenter is still working on a house may be leading to the carpenter still working the house, instead of the crafting tasks you’ve assigned them. [I need to test this still]

The farthest I’ve gotten before AI pathing stops is day 5. The day stopped progressing, stuck at Day 5, 12:19 AM. It reminds me of that scene in the polar express, where the kids are in the bag of presents, Erm, I’ll find a video (I found it- On a sketchy website.)
It went like this:
It’s still five to. I think we’re gonna make it.
Of course we will. It’s been five to for the last hour.
We got plenty of time. We got nothing but time. We got time to kill

Many of these probably due to slow AI Processing. More on the way!

Edit- I should probably post my specs-

Intel 3000 graphics card (Poop-Tron 3000)

Intel I5 Whatever-the-heck-speed-stat

6GB Ram

The hope of a new computer in the near future

1 Like

Hey, are Sheep still in the game? I have never seen them once in game.

I think they were taken out in Alpha 3

That’s too bad.

Will they return?

yes, of course… just as the trapper will resurface… :smiley:

1 Like

I have to say, even with the bugs at the moment, the game is still so much fun to play. Great work with everything so far! Also those goblins are too cute, makes me sad to kill them :frowning:

1 Like