Customizing Hearthlings?

I’m new to the game, so this has probably been discussed before, but I would really like to make a hearthling look like me when I play. I can find one if I hit random enough, but one that looks like me and has decent stats sometimes takes a while. Maybe not be able to customize all of the starting crew, but a “Town Leader” or something like that. Great game, keep it up.

Let me just kinda give you guys a back story on why I’m asking for this. I buy the game and figure out I can rename them. So I find one that looks like me and one that looks like my wife. I tell her “hey look its me and you” (stuff like that makes her smile) but then when I looked at it I starting wondering if I should tell her that her intelligence is a 1… hmm…

I think you can modify stats through the in-game console (activated by pressing Ctrl+C), though I don’t know the command myself.

1 Like

set mind x
set body x
set spirit x
where x is the value you want to use. I would suggest not using invalid stats (less than 1 or greater than 6) as it can cause some weird things to happen. For example, a really high body will cause a super fast hearthling, but they will sleep for what seems like forever.

2 Likes

Cool. Thank you guys for the help. That will make things easier. Love the community here.

It tells me “unknown command” - is there something I need to do to use these?

hmm…you might need to have debug tools installed. Let me double check on my end, and I will let you know.

Edit: @Kittyodoom, my apologies, looks like you need to have the debug tools mod installed. To install, visit the Stonehearth github GitHub - stonehearth/debugtools: Stonehearth Debug Tools Mod, select Download Zip, and save the compressed folder somewhere on your computer. Inside the zip you should find a folder named debugtools-master. Copy that folder to your mods folder, (located by default at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\mods), and rename the folder to debugtools. Let me know if this makes sense. You will know if it is installed if you see the following icons in the top right: . If this does not work, or you want more details on the what you can do with debug tools, let me know!

Edit: Debug tools is included with Stonehearth as of Alpha 19. Simply enable it via the mod manager.

3 Likes

Got it, thank you very much!

2 Likes

… there is already a mod? bad @jomaxro

ok it doesnt work with rayya like i know but hey there it is xD

http://discourse.stonehearth.net/t/mod-hearthlings-of-many-faces/9319

2 Likes

I never said there wasn’t a mod @Wiese2007 :wink:…I was simply answering @coasterspaul!

2 Likes

There is a mod, but it’s only for name/appearance, not stats, which was more the implication of the original post to my understanding

2 Likes

Ok Sry then i have understand it wrong xD

1 Like

Wasn’t it set_attr mind x ?

Does the mod let you give hearthlings unnatural hair colors or am I out of luck? I’ve got purple hair :stuck_out_tongue: But it would probably look pretty out of place in this aesthetic

Either seems to work

Sadly not, it just lets you chose from the ones that are already in the game engine (that is, the ones you can normally random into)

4 Likes

It’s as @Kittyodoom says, it’s designed so you’re able to choose between the models that are defined for a faction (i.e. when playing the Ascendancy you get their models, and the same for Rayya’s Children when playing as them). However you can use a mod that adds more models to a faction, or more variation to the existing models, and the mod will also use those for you to choose from.

3 Likes

Ah, I figured it was like that, I just wondered if there was a color slider or something similar. Frostfeast has kind of spoiled me for bright colors in this game man, its insane :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

i now feel the urge to make a “wacky hair” mod that adds hair in every color of the rainbow, mohawks, etc… but knowing me, i never will make it…

also, @shadymailman, sorry for the slight derailment :grimacing:

3 Likes

And shorter hair for female hearthlings! I cant wear buttonup shirts anymore unless i wear makeup or something just cause my hair looks so dude-ly short :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

also @shadymailman sorry about that, haha

2 Likes

How hard is it to make and script models for such a thing?