[Con] Front wall of building not being built!

Title: Front wall of building not being built!

Summary: After setting a simple rectangular house to be built using the new building dialog, my citizens were very hard at work on it. I was proud of them, until I noticed that they were slacking off and skipping the production of the front wall! They built the scaffolding, but nothing behind; upon completion of the scaffolding, they just started breaking it up again (Fig. 1 & 2). Upon reloading, the wall was there; either it was built originally but not shown, or the building was saved improperly (and because of that, properly) (Fig. 3).

Steps to reproduce: Not sure; I did the same thing with the adjacent house (except for different materials used and two additional windows in the back wall; the front wall was identical, however [EDIT: actually, the second house apparently was 2 blocks wider, and I thought I had counted so precisely!]), and that one worked out fine. Sorry, can’t help there. I guess it would just be, start game, set settlers to build a house, hope for the best. If it helps, the house was 19x12, with two windows, a door, and two lanterns on the front wall, as shown in Fig. 3.

Expected results: The citizens would get their act together and build all walls of the house equally.

Attachments:

Fig. 1: Front wall of house missing.

Fig. 2: Same as Fig. 1, but from another angle for good measure.

Fig. 3: Upon reload, the front wall was no longer missing.

Versions and mods:
No mods, latest release version in Steam at the time of writing, version 0.1.0 (release 99) according to the title screen.

System information:
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-3450 CPU @ 3.10GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
DirectX-version: DirectX 11
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

its magic! :smile:

i wonder if this was some sort of “glitch” related to the hide/show walls feature we’ve seen?

1 Like

Possibly. However, I had not cycled between the view modes yet at that point, and when later I did, if I recall correctly, it did not fix the issue.

Similar to the roof; yes, this is definitely happening. But why and when?